Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoECC on iPhone maybe android
05-15-2014, 12:35 PM
LNoECC on iPhone maybe android
So I've been contemplating on whether or not I want to make this app mobile, but I would need to know how useful it would be to people. There are a lot of steps i would need to go thru, one being getting the permission of the creators because I would love to include the original characters in it as well making it both a card viewer and customizer, among other things like time and money. So my question is, who would find this useful? Would they pay $1 for it so that i can recoop the $125 fees for google and android?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: LNoECC on iPhone maybe android
I don't really use apps or play games on my phone and I don't have a tablet thing but I know it's big business. So this could be great for everyone all round IF FFP will give you permission. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much though but you never know.
Good luck and keep us postedZombie17
05-15-2014, 06:41 PM
even if I do not get permission, I can still release a variant of the app that can be useful, so there will be a useful variant out there. I actually plan on making it cover more than just LNoE anyway, started getting into touch of evil. What I used to do was use my LNoECC to make custom cards, then have them printed onto thick card stock, but I found it more easier to use my phone, since my group all have iPhones, its easier to track what heroes have played, whose turn it is, and what the scenario is without having to actually pass the card around or look over the table to find it. But last thing I wanna do is invest a ton of time into it, just for it to be used by like 5 people haha.
05-15-2014, 09:45 PM
What exactly would the app do?

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
05-15-2014, 10:36 PM
(05-15-2014 09:45 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  What exactly would the app do?

Same as my PC app that is on this site, but with added features as they come, its pretty much a digital card for the game
05-16-2014, 07:38 AM
For long such an app has been on my wish list. So I for one would definitely like to invest Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Zombicide has an App for mobile. It's what I wish LNOE or IFOS would have.
05-17-2014, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 12:58 PM by knight0fdragon.)
Hmmm I can't find this app on the app store for iPhone

Nevermind iPad only, yes this is the kind of thing I am making. Almost have the creating part done on the app. Only thing is that the font isnt as good as as the original. I am using font forge to remake the font but it takes way too much time.
05-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Few questions, How current are you making it? Will it support expansions or is it just for the core LNOE game? Are you scanning each card to implement? I could help out with that.
05-18-2014, 12:18 AM
(05-17-2014 11:35 PM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  Few questions, How current are you making it? Will it support expansions or is it just for the core LNOE game? Are you scanning each card to implement? I could help out with that.

These aren't the deck cards just character cards.

All cards are rendered, nothing is being scanned/duplicated.

The idea is it will allow for whatever is in the eye of the beholder, its customizable. There will be pre made templates for all the games, so all a user would have to do is select the template, and customize.

If I can have permission from FFP, then the original character cards will be included, if not, the user will have to create them / download them if I can figure out a way to do it in IOS

Same will go for scenario cards.

I am almost finished with the creation of the character cards, unfortunately there is no way to make this publicly available as of yet. I can't link this to my official apple account due to any legal issues that may come up, so I would need to start an entirely new account.

Best way to get an understanding of what can be done is by using the PC app.