Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LOST Night on Earth: The Zombie Game
05-18-2014, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 10:13 AM by aprillo.)
LOST Night on Earth: The Zombie Game
Hey everyone, so for those of you who didn't already know, I've been working on an expansion for LNOE for a while now, based on the theme of the television series LOST.

It is now complete.

What you'll find in the expansion:

1 New Center Tile
5 New 'L' Shaped Tiles
11 New Hero Cards
& 5 New Scenarios (based on actual moments from Lost!!!)

Even if you aren't a Lost fan, I think you'll want to see this!

I've also included a picture of the whole board for viewing purposes.

Something you should all know;

1) Everything is to scale with the real LNOE board pieces, characters and scenarios.

2) the pdf's page sizes for both pdf's are 17" x11"

So so long as you get it printed with those page dimensions everything shoulde turn out perfectly! Zombie03

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Board Pieces Put together.pdf (Size: 3.07 MB / Downloads: 49)
.pdf  Heroes and Scenarios.pdf (Size: 2.69 MB / Downloads: 42)
.pdf  Lost Board Pieces.pdf (Size: 4.44 MB / Downloads: 42)

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: LOST Night on Earth: The Zombie Game
You should definitely have that printed to foam board or thick cardboard

(05-18-2014 09:13 AM)aprillo Wrote:  Hey everyone, so for those of you who didn't already know, I've been working on an expansion for LNOE for a while now, based on the theme of the television series LOST.

It is now complete.

What you'll find in the expansion:

1 New Center Tile
5 New 'L' Shaped Tiles
11 New Hero Cards
& 5 New Scenarios (based on actual moments from Lost!!!)

Even if you aren't a Lost fan, I think you'll want to see this!

I've also included a picture of the whole board for viewing purposes.

Something you should all know;

1) Everything is to scale with the real LNOE board pieces, characters and scenarios.

2) the pdf's page sizes for both pdf's are 17" x11"

So so long as you get it printed with those page dimensions everything shoulde turn out perfectly! Zombie03
05-19-2014, 01:29 AM
(05-18-2014 11:38 AM)knight0fdragon Wrote:  You should definitely have that printed to foam board or thick cardboard

Yeahh planning on it! Just thought I'd give it to everyone else first. No need for you all to wait!

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-19-2014, 05:08 AM
Beautiful work aprillo! I really like the characters. You chose some great source material.
05-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Thank you very much, I put a lot of time into it, glad to hear it was worth it! Watchmen02

05-19-2014, 04:24 PM
The characters and scenarios are really intriguing. Nice work! I hope to be able to play this. Gotta figure out a way to make the boards.

Does the Hatch space do anything special? Do the models just walk through as a normal space?

I noticed the Button Room is not numbered...so cannot be chosen randomly and there is no Survival Decks help there?

It's supposed to be underground...are the Zombies able to walk through the walls?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Yes the zombies can. I figure seeing as in the rules they're described as going either through window or crawling through floor boards, clearly going through the dirt, potential cement foundations and wooden floor boards isnt a problem, adding a bit more dirtto the equation shouldnt be a problem.

The hatch space is just a normal space. It is considered indoors, its placement is really just thematic. The one thing to be noted about it is you must walk through it in a staight line, as it is a 1x1 sqare room with a door on either end of it. So when passing through it you must treat both sides the same way you would any door. Ofcourse though in the hallway (the 3 square 'L' shaped room) you can cut the corner still.

You will notice in the swan most spaces arent numbered. I did this on purpose to avoid the situation where a hero may he automatically trapped if a taken-over marker were placed say in the main room. Heroes in the bed room or bathroom would be limited to those to rooms, and heroes in the pantry or the armory would be outright Z-bait. Movement on this tile is limited enough for the heroes so i placed the numbers so that they are in useful places but not rediculously devestating places. Tye pantry gives a big advantage for drawing cards the armory gives a big advantage for obtaining weapons and the side entrance is 1 of only two exits from the swan station.

So hitting any of those places is bad enough. Ofcourse, things like lights out or other cards that do not require rolling can still affact the other rooms if placed there. Just like you cant take over the manor house but zeds can cut the power and heroes can put lizzy there.

I did something similar with the black rock tile by making it significantly more likely that tye first taken over room would be the back one. However, there i didnt make it impossible to get trapped there. If you wanna go wandering into a land-locked slaver ship for some dynamite, expect the worst.

It also worked out (again) very thematically as the swan station was like a god-send to the heroes and acted as both a safe-haven and a source of tons of resources. While say the black rock was a dangerous, spooky ship filled with skeletons and dynamite that was ready to go off at any second. So i figured if zeds got lucky, good for them that they happened to get a taken over while someone was in the back of the ship, then managed to role a 4 or six followed by a 6. I figure at that point, it was earned.

I am broke so i only have growing hunger and the base game. I havent the foggiest idea what survival decks do, how they work, how many dots they're worth (if any). That would be why they are not already i corporated. But feel free to edit my scenarios or boards as you please. The way i see it anything on here has no copy-right and can be accessed by anyone. So its basically open-source. Eventually id like to have all the expansions so if someones already fixed mine... sweet!

To answer you last question, there are 2 reasons the button room isnt #'d.
1) unless playing the scenario we're going the have to watch that again, theres no advantage to a z-take over or any other card being played there. Its a small room with one exit and that exit doesnt even lead outside.
2) if playing we're going to jeed to watch that again, a taken over karker there means instant defeat for the heroes as they need to be in that room.