Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LabRat's Laboratory - LNOE Game stats
04-15-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 11:45 PM by LabRat.)
LabRat's Laboratory - LNOE Game stats
I've tried my own version of keeping track of LNOE game stats. To keep the data as pure as possible, I set the following rules:

- Only games played between myself and my nephew are counted. This removes any influences that player skill has.
- To further reduce the effect of player skill, my nephew and I play each scenario twice, switching sides for both (e.g. we play Burn 'Em Out twice, with me as Heroes and then as Zombies)
- For Hero-specific data, we don't keep track of their stats for games that they did not start
- e.g.someone died and Sally was a replacement, she doesn't get credit for any kills, but the Hero player gets credit for the Player specific data

So this is what we have after playing 16 games:

Scenarios:
- Burn 'Em Out - 4 times
- Defend the Manor House - 4 times
- Plague Carriers - 2 times
- Escape in the Truck - 2 times
- Save the Townsfolk - 2 times
- Die, Zombies, Die! - 2 times

Heroes VS Zombies:
- Heroes - 9 wins out of 16 games, average of 15.4 Zombie kills
- Zombies - 7 wins out of 16 games, average of 1.6 Hero kills

L-board usage rates (L-boards named after the corner building):
- Gun Shop - 10 games
- Supermarket - 9 games
- Junkyard - 8 games
- Graveyard - 9 games
- The Factory - 4 games
- High School - 7 games
- Hospital - 9 games
- The Barn - 8 games

Hero stats:
- Mr. Goddard - 8 games, 6 wins, survived 6 games, 53 zombie kills
- Johnny - 7 games, 4 wins, survived 6 games, 22 zombie kills
- Sam - 5 games, 3 wins, survived 3 games, 21 zombie kills
- Jake Cartwright - 5 games, 2 wins, survived 3 games, 21 zombie kills
- Becky - 4 games, 3 wins, survived 4 games, 11 zombie kills
- Rachelle - 4 games, 3 wins, survived 4 games, 10 zombie kills
- Jade - 4 games, 3 wins, survived 3 games, 18 zombie kills
- Victor - 4 games, 1 win, survived 1 game, 19 zombie kills
- Kenny - 3 games, 3 wins, survived 1 game, 4 zombie kills
- Father Joseph - 3 games, 2 wins, survived 2 games, 3 zombie kills
- Sally - 3 games, 2 wins, survived 2 games, 7 zombie kills
- Sheriff Anderson - 3 games, 2 wins, survived 2 games, 7 zombie kills
- Jenny - 3 games, 1 win, survived 2 games, 6 zombie kills
- Stacy - 3 games, 1 win, survived 1 game, 11 zombie kills
- Billy - 3 games, 0 wins, survived 0 games, 8 zombie kills
- Amanda - 2 games, 0 wins, survived 0 games, 9 zombie kills

Will update more as I find more time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: LabRat's Laboratory - LNOE Game stats
Nicely done.. You have a tracking sheet set up or just using a notepad? Detailing during the game without a set sheet gets time consuming for me it seems..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
(04-15-2013 07:27 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Nicely done.. You have a tracking sheet set up or just using a notepad? Detailing during the game without a set sheet gets time consuming for me it seems..

I track the data using paper while playing the game, then encode it into an Excel spreadsheet after Watchmen02
04-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Geez, player skill really does factor in, somehow the stats are getting skewed.
04-19-2013, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 05:31 PM by friskers96.)
Lol, I think this was touched on in another thread about a scenario being favored to one side or the other. Question I had was what was the skill level of your nephew... The more my wife and I play the stats are changing with her getting a better feel for her horde. Card draws are getting better the more we play since the clumps are being broke up more..

Also, how are they skewing? Is he whooping you? Is your nephew or you faltering with one side and really excelling with the other? My wife has a real hard time playing heroes for some reason..

04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
(04-19-2013 05:28 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Also, how are they skewing? Is he whooping you? Is your nephew or you faltering with one side and really excelling with the other? My wife has a real hard time playing heroes for some reason..

I'm whooping him. Our win percentages:

Me
Overall - 8 wins out of 9 games (88.9%)
As Heroes - 3 wins out of 4 (75%)
As Zombies - 5 wins out of 5 (100%)
Average Zombie Kills - 16.5 per game
Average Hero Kills - 3.4 per game

Nephew
Overall - 1 win out of 9 games (11.1%)
As Heroes - 0 wins out of 5 (0%)
As Zombies - 1 win out of 4 (25%)
Average Zombie Kills - 13 per game
Average Hero Kills - 0.25 per game
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
If you tell me he's 7 I'm going to poke you and throw a sheep at you. Watchmen02 Sounds like he need tactical training!! I think a zombie movie marathon followed by a lnoe marathon is in order. It's like watching game films before the big game. Also what game components are you using, everything or only certain expansions. Copious amounts of rules might me overwhelming and distracting his decision making.

04-19-2013, 07:09 PM
(04-19-2013 06:26 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  If you tell me he's 7 I'm going to poke you and throw a sheep at you. Watchmen02 Sounds like he need tactical training!! I think a zombie movie marathon followed by a lnoe marathon is in order. It's like watching game films before the big game. Also what game components are you using, everything or only certain expansions. Copious amounts of rules might me overwhelming and distracting his decision making.

He's 19. He plays DOTA a lot, so he should have some level of skill Watchmen02 I don't know what happened, for some reason his tactical skill regressed to the point that I even asked him point blank if he was trying to lose on purpose, trying to get his Heroes killed so that he'd have a chance at getting Heroes that he wanted to play. But he's claiming that he's not doing it on purpose.

We're playing LNOE base, Growing Hunger and Hero Pack 1. This is one of the reasons that I opted not to get SOTF - I think it'll add a layer of complexity that will be uncomfortable for the people that I play with.
04-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Ok sheeps back in the pen... Hmmmm, have him cherry pick his heros a time or two see what happens...

05-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Updated after 16 games - Mr. Goddard is turning out to be quite the powerhouse. Considered having a Fire item is very handy for killing Zombies - it's often that I find myself with Dynamite or a Fire Item but not both at the same time - and his ability to cycle Hero events from the discard pile is powerful, almost broken.