Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lair card after unsuccessful Showdown
10-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Lair card after unsuccessful Showdown
I'm not sure what happens to the Lair card after an unsuccessful Showdown. I know the hero must pay the Investigation price to play a lair card to start a Showdown. If KO'd, does the hero give up the Lair or have the choice of keeping it to start another Showdown later?

Maybe the decision depends on how 'cheap' the Lair Investigation price is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 01:42 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Lair card after unsuccessful Showdown
The Lair card is discarded as soon as it's played and another must be purchased if you lost the showdown.

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....d_pay_Cost
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
(10-13-2012 01:40 PM)mqstout Wrote:  The Lair card is discarded as soon as it's played and another must be purchased if you lost the showdown.

Thanks for the quick reply. There's a lot of FAQ points to keep in mind as I learn the game and get expansions.
10-13-2012, 06:04 PM
(10-13-2012 02:02 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(10-13-2012 01:40 PM)mqstout Wrote:  The Lair card is discarded as soon as it's played and another must be purchased if you lost the showdown.

Thanks for the quick reply. There's a lot of FAQ points to keep in mind as I learn the game and get expansions.

FFP game do have a little bit of a steep learning curve after you get past the "basic" rules, but not too bad. Trust me, once you get going though it plays smoothly & intuitively Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-13-2012, 06:24 PM
That's good to know. I'm still a little confused about 'revealing' the Secrets cards. In the basic game you Investigate the Secrets cards and keep the infirmation to yourself. Is that the same thing as 'revealing' them?
10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Not at all! During the game you investigate them (privately -- not revealing them) to learn whether they're helpful, harmful or neutral. Then, later, when you form your hunting party to go after the showdown, you can choose helpful ones to go to the showdown with you. Or, if someone else initiates a showdown, you can accuse one of the evil ones as such so he'll go to the showdown helping the villain.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
(10-13-2012 09:38 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Not at all! During the game you investigate them (privately -- not revealing them) to learn whether they're helpful, harmful or neutral. Then, later, when you form your hunting party to go after the showdown, you can choose helpful ones to go to the showdown with you. Or, if someone else initiates a showdown, you can accuse one of the evil ones as such so he'll go to the showdown helping the villain.

So Revealing only happens at the Hunting Party stage. Thanks.
11-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Good thing I decided to look up old threads. This same issue came up today when we were playing. We rolled on the Cooperative Mystery Phase chart added in Something Wicked and got a showdown with the villain in about the second round of the game. We fought him and were beaten to a pulp. We didn't know if, after that, the villain stayed at The Manor or if he just vanished until we bought a new Lair Card. Seems my questions has been answered!
12-17-2013, 02:39 AM
(11-24-2013 10:15 AM)Termite Wrote:  Good thing I decided to look up old threads.

This joint is an absolute treasure trove of information and knowledge.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...