Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Hero Card rule
07-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Last Hero Card rule
I'm just curious if anyone had actually won by the zombies discarding the last Hero Card? There seems to be way too many Hero cards for this to come up too often and with the expansion cards and 'mini' expansions cards added to the Hero deck it becomes even harder to cycle through them all.

I suspect that the last card rule was created to further distinguish the mechanics used by the zombie side from the hero side.

(One of the things that really excited/interested me about the game was how both sides use completly different mechanics from each other giving each one an original feel from the other and they still managed to balance. I'm really curious if the Martian game will b eable to continue this trend but will be happy if it just gives us the option of using a Circus Big-Top tent in the town center of Woodinville)

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2009, 12:06 AM
RE: Last Hero Card rule
well there's a lot of cards NOW, but those rules were written when the hero deck was only 40 cards...10 cards is fully a quarter of that.
07-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Even before the expansion(s), the zombies in my group never won by eliminating the hero deck. The deck-eating cards in the zombie's arsenal are now mostly to have a chance to chew through the heroes' good event cards and non-retrievable items (like the dreaded fence post). Of course, there's always the risk of putting another shotgun or signal flare into the discard for them to fetch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Ryuk Wrote:Nope, never happened. Not even close.

Please check out the posts in the top thread 'New products at the web store'. We just had this topic come up for discussion.

Dang it, you're right... (just in case you weren't possitive, thought I'd confirm...). Well, if nothing else, now the subject is filed better for future generations. Oo

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Play the zombie pillage scenario and the zombies can win by the discard effect- I played that if the card says discard 10 cards from the hero deck then you have to roll the correct # to get each discard from teh town deck instead so if you fail the dice roll I then discard from the hero deck— all this talk basically lets you know that both decks got low fast but teh town deck ran out first —the zombie players went all out to just abuse the discard rule and that strategy worked