Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night On Earth L4D
10-31-2010, 03:29 AM
RE: Last Night On Earth L4D
for sure I think it'd be a great crossover. the group I game with would be all over it.

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2010, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2010 07:37 PM by Roland45cal.)
Quick question about the rules that we weren't clear on. What about zombies would they go through walls like normal? Also do special infected walk through walls like regular zombies?
Has anyone play tested this?

When the Dead Walk, the Living Run.
12-11-2010, 10:32 PM
in l4d if the zeds moved thru walls the hero's'd be dead.. no safe areas...
12-12-2010, 02:38 AM
(12-11-2010 07:36 PM)Roland45cal Wrote:  Quick question about the rules that we weren't clear on. What about zombies would they go through walls like normal? Also do special infected walk through walls like regular zombies?
Has anyone play tested this?

i never actually thought about that. I dunno if having special infected move though walls would make it to hard? no zombies can move into the safe room, that's in there. i guess you could play it either way. if u want it a little easier, they can't. But if you want to play harder, they can. lol good question. i should put that into the rules sometime!!
12-12-2010, 03:06 AM
perhaps provide some pre- barricaded areas?
12-12-2010, 06:08 AM
That's a really good idea soundguy. Have a little of both? I now feel the need to make barricade markers! Also barricade cards could be cool!! I really like the barricade idea! hehe

I personally have them move though walls like normal zombies. Only because if they can't it is hard for them to catch you. I personally like fighting zombies and special infected and I like making it hard for hero's because I think if there really was a zombie out break it wouldn't be easy. But having said that in real life i don't think zombies would be able to move though walls... lol... or would they! haha. I guess people can play it how ever they like! If you play it more than once you can change it around and see which works best for you and the people you play with!
12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
I wont be able to play test this for 2 weeks ,but I was thinking about how to include the use of more zombies for this scenario and more action. Not sure how this will balance out ,but bottom line I'm trying to make it feel like l4d as much as possible. I hope all the rules are easy to understand.

1. when rolling for zombies you roll a extra dice ,but 2 of those dice are required to be zombies.
2. Unlimited amount of zombies on the board (might be a issue for some but i have massive amounts of zombie miniatures.)
3. Zombies cannot go through walls. They can climb through windows with ease. They don't walk right through walls but rather have to beat down the door. It takes 1-3 zombies to break down a door in 2 turns ,and a 4 or more zombies break it down in 1 turn.
4. Special infected go through doors in 1 turn.
5. Zombies movment is adjusted to 4 3 or 2 by using d3+1
6. no graveyard weapons
7. along with the other weapons that you start with you get a bat and a moltov. (which is basically just a gas can with fire and the same rules apply)
8. new weapon included in safe house, smg. smg gets 3 shots that are rolled all at once and can aim at 1 2 or 3 zombies. although you need 5+ to kill. (debating between 4+ or 5+)
9. everyone starts with ammo

Have no idea how this will work out or what side will be favored.

When the Dead Walk, the Living Run.
12-14-2010, 04:08 AM
i get what LNOE had in mind for the zeds moving thru walls. I think it's the issue that there are usually windows on each wall.. or there may even be battle damage from shotgun blasts and such. many scenerios take place in a more or less 'back water' ransacked town.. so.. it's not too far fetched.. probably stick houses.. not concrete block.. etc.

I'm always the zombie master and when my hero group selects barricades or gets the card i always tewll them.. ok.. go ahead and pile up those washing machines and stuff to keep me out.. it only delays the inevitable. I love the barricade markers and reinforcement markers...

soundguy

(12-12-2010 06:08 AM)Little_nikki Wrote:  That's a really good idea soundguy. Have a little of both? I now feel the need to make barricade markers! Also barricade cards could be cool!! I really like the barricade idea! hehe

I personally have them move though walls like normal zombies. Only because if they can't it is hard for them to catch you. I personally like fighting zombies and special infected and I like making it hard for hero's because I think if there really was a zombie out break it wouldn't be easy. But having said that in real life i don't think zombies would be able to move though walls... lol... or would they! haha. I guess people can play it how ever they like! If you play it more than once you can change it around and see which works best for you and the people you play with!
12-14-2010, 08:20 AM
I would know about the balance of the game. Since the L4D zombie are more powerfull than grave dead zombies that can count on only one ability, i don't think it would be worth just one extra point.
Minimum should be added the 3 points of the grave dead to consider the fact that there are more special zombies in the game and then 2 or 3 points depending on wich special zombie can be spawn and also how many of them. I suppose they should also be treated as grave dead zombie that are removed from the game once they are killed.
What do you think?
12-14-2010, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010 09:33 AM by Little_nikki.)
Is there barricade markers and reinforcement markers? If so, Where did you get them?? I want them!!!

.Nikki.

(12-14-2010 04:08 AM)soundguy Wrote:  i get what LNOE had in mind for the zeds moving thru walls. I think it's the issue that there are usually windows on each wall.. or there may even be battle damage from shotgun blasts and such. many scenerios take place in a more or less 'back water' ransacked town.. so.. it's not too far fetched.. probably stick houses.. not concrete block.. etc.

I'm always the zombie master and when my hero group selects barricades or gets the card i always tewll them.. ok.. go ahead and pile up those washing machines and stuff to keep me out.. it only delays the inevitable. I love the barricade markers and reinforcement markers...

soundguy

(12-12-2010 06:08 AM)Little_nikki Wrote:  That's a really good idea soundguy. Have a little of both? I now feel the need to make barricade markers! Also barricade cards could be cool!! I really like the barricade idea! hehe

I really like some of these! i especially love 3,4 and 5. I may have to play with those next time!

.Nikki.

(12-13-2010 10:15 PM)Roland45cal Wrote:  I wont be able to play test this for 2 weeks ,but I was thinking about how to include the use of more zombies for this scenario and more action. Not sure how this will balance out ,but bottom line I'm trying to make it feel like l4d as much as possible. I hope all the rules are easy to understand.

1. when rolling for zombies you roll a extra dice ,but 2 of those dice are required to be zombies.
2. Unlimited amount of zombies on the board (might be a issue for some but i have massive amounts of zombie miniatures.)
3. Zombies cannot go through walls. They can climb through windows with ease. They don't walk right through walls but rather have to beat down the door. It takes 1-3 zombies to break down a door in 2 turns ,and a 4 or more zombies break it down in 1 turn.
4. Special infected go through doors in 1 turn.
5. Zombies movment is adjusted to 4 3 or 2 by using d3+1
6. no graveyard weapons
7. along with the other weapons that you start with you get a bat and a moltov. (which is basically just a gas can with fire and the same rules apply)
8. new weapon included in safe house, smg. smg gets 3 shots that are rolled all at once and can aim at 1 2 or 3 zombies. although you need 5+ to kill. (debating between 4+ or 5+)
9. everyone starts with ammo

Have no idea how this will work out or what side will be favored.