Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night On Earth and Zombicide compliment each other very well
03-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Last Night On Earth and Zombicide compliment each other very well
I mentioned this in another thread, but thought this was actually interesting enough to have a discussion. I kind of wonder if anybody else felt this way as well.

I love both Last Night On Earth, and Zombicide. I think Last Night On Earth and Zombicide actually compliment each other very well as a tag team of games to play together.

Zombicide is different from LNOE in the perfect ways to make it a lot of fun to play both. For example, in LNOE, one team is the Heroes, one team is the Zombies. In Zombicide, everybody is the Survivors, facing off as a team against the zombies who are controlled by a game mechanic/set of rules. In LNOE, the heroes are often better off trying to avoid fights with zombies. In Zombicide, you want to kill as many as you possibly can, otherwise the board gets WAY too crowded with the bastards. ;-)

I think it can be summed up pretty easily as this.... Last Night On Earth feels like a zombie movie.... Zombicide feels like a zombie video game. I think they go very well together, and I happen to love both games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: Last Night On Earth and Zombicide compliment each other very well
Great write up Staypuft! I think you summed it up perfectly.
03-21-2014, 05:47 PM
(03-21-2014 04:24 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I think it can be summed up pretty easily as this.... Last Night On Earth feels like a zombie movie.... Zombicide feels like a zombie video game. I think they go very well together, and I happen to love both games.

Exact-a-mundo. Very much so. I think that's why, really, there isn't a ton of "vs" debate. There's plenty of room for both in a players collection, if not one of the the other based on which style you prefer.

If I had to choose just one it'd be LNOE, but as it is I'm glad I have both. Watchmen02
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
(03-21-2014 04:24 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Zombicide feels like a zombie video game.

I think they both feel like video games. Zombiecide is like House of the Dead. Last night on earth is like Resident Evil
03-28-2014, 08:38 PM
I have to say, at first I was reluctant to love Zombicide so much. Last Night On Earth was my first love when it came to gaming. At first, I was so used to LNOE that Zombicide seemed second. A very close second, but second nonetheless.

But, I've grown to really love Zombicide, and a big part of that is because it is so different from Last Night On Earth. If it were too much like LNOE, then I would just feel like Zombicide was unneeded. LNOE already got it right. Why do we need another game?

But, with Zombicide being so different, they are so perfect together. I have sort of grown to love them both equally. I must admit, LNOE will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was my first love in gaming. It opened up a whole new world of board games to me. So, I still sort of lean towards LNOE. But, I love both games.
03-28-2014, 08:54 PM
I also love them both! Zombicide is sometimes exactly what you need when you just feel like murdering something to death. I am also, as soon as I get 'my room' all set up and ready going to make rules so I can play any of the survivours for either game. Mix that funk up
03-30-2014, 06:36 PM
I do feel that Zombicide suffers from the sceanrios being too 'search and find' similar. Maybe this is because the tokens (red, blue cross etc.) are always the same.
03-30-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm curious how the zombies in Zombicide fare as threats. Do they just overwhelm with sheer numbers? I haven't picked it up because of that aspect. In LNoE the best zombie-players seem to approach it like an area control game. They'll cut your movement options down and channel you into a killing zone. I'm curious how game-controlled zombies compare.
03-31-2014, 04:30 PM
(03-30-2014 06:36 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I do feel that Zombicide suffers from the sceanrios being too 'search and find' similar. Maybe this is because the tokens (red, blue cross etc.) are always the same.

Yeah, that is one of the only things I will say that is better about LNOE that Zombicide does not have. For the most part, the Zombicide scenarios are pretty much all the same thing.

Funny enough, though, I find it works just fine for Zombicide. Zombicide is really more about finding awesome weapons and killing a ton of zombies. So, when playing it, you don't tend to care as much about the scenario. I mean, of course, oyu are trying to achieve the goal in order to win, but it doesn't matter so much if it is that varied.

Still, that is definitely one plus LNOE has. There are so many different scenarios, and in many cases they are so different from one another, that it is like playing a completely different game sometimes. Not to mention, being as you can play as heroes or zombies, even each scenario can be experienced in two entirely different ways.

Still, like I said, both games are awesome!