Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night on Earth/ Blood in the Forest Game Report Apr 2014 Lost in the Woods
04-21-2014, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 08:13 PM by samuraitrev.)
Last Night on Earth/ Blood in the Forest Game Report Apr 2014 Lost in the Woods
Hello and welcome to my latest Game Report. I know time is precious but I hope you will take a few minutes to read this as I tried hard to make the Pregame and Epilogue section. This game has been played using every available expansion for LNoE (inc. Timber Peak and Blood in the Forest). This scenario is from Blood in the Forest. Card titles are in italics and a link to the card effects are here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Card_List

Scenario Special Rules: Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (2), Number Counters, Always Zombie Heroes, Zombies Auto Spawn, Forest Only Board, Feral Dead (6), Behemoths (2). Mission: The Heroes need to find the Transponder and get to the Tower Relay with 2 Heroes. Zombies win by killing 3 Heroes.
Board Sections: Forest only board.
Characters (random): Ed Baker, Sheriff Anderson (TP), Sally (TP) and Sam.
Starting Zombies: 8
Turns: 12

H2H: = Hand to Hand (Fight)
HU: = Hero Upgrade
TP: = Timber Peak
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
“… All I’m saying is we can’t just sit here at camp and expect a rescue party all the way out here. We need to get to higher ground.”
The Sheriff still felt Haunted By The Past as he looked around at the bedraggled survivors. They’d all been through seven shades of s**t and were close to breaking point. The Sheriff grimly carried on loading his Police Shotgun and checked his Dynamite was secured in his pack. Sam was first to break the strained silence.
“Jack’s right. We need to find a transponder and get to the tower on the ridge. It reminds me of a mission back in ’68. Operation Razorclaw. The gooks were coming from all-”
“Not now Sam. This place will be crawling soon”
Ed raised his finger to his lips as mournful moan carried on the breeze along with the unmistakable scent of rotting meat. He crawled low to the ground up to Sally
“Sally, pack up the Emergency Radio it’s not working down here. We have to leave the camp. It’s not safe. I can cover any (HU: Special) First Aid eventualities. Plus this Gasoline should come in handy. I’ll burn this whole forest if I have to.”

Turn 1
New Spawning Pit near the Ranger Station. Coach Packer gets rid of the Sheriff’s Haunted Memories and reminds him that all the team are relying on his steadfast leadership. The Sheriff kills 4 Zombies with his Police Shotgun.

The Sheriff is a Fast Learner and gains HA: (Ranged) Eagle Eye he then Boosts it (always has line of sight). Ed makes it into the Thrasher’s Mill.

Turn 2
Ed is relieved to find a Zombies attack is Just a Scratch. Ed Searches deep within his soul and finds a sense of Heroic Resolve he never realized he possessed. However his resolve is suddenly tested as a Zombie wounds him. Ed manages to kill one of the Zombies in H2H. The Sheriff, Sam and Sally stick together.

Turn 3
Ed is wounded another 2 times in the Thrasher’s Mill. Sally takes a wound from a Machete wielding GWZ. The dreaded Behemoth arrives along with 2 of the Feral Dead. The Sheriff kills another 3 Zombies with his Police Shotgun. The feral dead Zombie (top left) died with a soul searing shriek. Ed Searches in the Thrasher’s Mill and finds a Baseball Bat. His Heroic Resolve had now left him (because he Searched). Sam Searches for the Transponder in the forest but finds nothing. The Machete wielding GWZ spills more blood as it wounds Sam 3 times! The Blood Spray GWZ finished off the heavily wounded Sam.

Sam’s corpse rises once more as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero enters the forest. It’s Amanda at the Camp site (Town centre) She then joins the Sheriff. Ed heals 1 of his wounds and makes a slight Recovery. Ed and Sally Catch Their Breath and both heal 1 wound.

Turn 4
The Sheriff Searches for the Transponder in the Forest but finds nothing. Amanda is wounded. Ed gives Sally his Baseball Bat.

Turn 5
Sally’s Baseball Bat breaks over the Blood Spray GWZ’s head. She’s then wounded. Sally then manages to kill a Feral Dead Zombie in H2H and wounds Zombie Sam. ZU: Concussion cancels Ed’s HU: First Aid. Ed kills the Machete Wielding GWZ in H2H. The Zombie Behemoth wounds Ed twice. The Sheriff manages to kill a Zombie in H2H and he gets a HU:(melee) Combat Prowess. The Sheriff is wounded. Amanda kills 2 Zombies in H2H but she’s eventually torn to shreds by the remaining Zombies.

Amanda rises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives its Father Joseph carrying a Pump Shotgun. He also makes a Hopeful Discovery which is a Climbing Rope. The Second Zombie Behemoth arrives.
The Sheriff shouts Catch! and throws his Police Shotgun to Ed. Ed then fires it and kills a Zombie. Ed now gains a HU:(melee) Killing Blow . Father Joseph uses his Strength of Spirit ability to cancel Resilient. Ed wounds the Zombie Behemoth twice and Boosts his HU: Killing Blow. Ed goes onto kill the Zombie Behemoth but his Police Shotgun is discarded. The Sheriff takes the Pump Shotgun from Father Joseph. The Sheriff then wounds Zombie Amanda and kills another Zombie. Ed gains Endurance (+1 Wound) by using Sally’s Emergency Radio.

Turn 6
Sally gets a severe bout of Teen Angst. Ed is killed valiantly defending Sally from his former comrades and the Zombie Behemoth.

Result: Zombie Victory (3 Heroes Killed)
Hero of the Game: Sheriff Anderson (killed 9 Zombies and wounded Zombie Amanda plus Searched once for the Transponder)
Weapon of Choice: (Police Shotgun 9 Kills)
Undead kill count: 16

Epilogue
Father Joseph placed his hand gently on the lawman’s shoulder.
“Go my son, save who you can. You’re her only hope”
The Sheriff had no time to react as the Holy-man ran, roaring defiantly towards the Zombies, cursing them with eternal damnation. His crucifix held high even as they engulfed him.

Just like Woodinvale and Timber Peak after it. Pine Peak Forest had been claimed by the dead. Adrenaline surged through Jack’s body and he fleetingly wondered if this nightmare was really happening, surely this reality couldn’t be so horrifying? The Sheriff threw the catatonic Sally over his shoulder and his legs pounded down the almost vertical ravine. They hit the ice-cold, raging waters at the bottom and the current hungrily tried to tear Sally from him. The cold bit into his marrow yet with iron determination he pulled Sally to the other side. She lay doll-like and serene and Jack’s memory lingered around the image of his dead wife. Suddenly she coughed out a throat full of water and her eyes searched her surroundings in terror. He held her close, whispering calmly as the waters raged and crashed against rocks sticking out of the river like jagged bones in a partially dug graveyard. The despised allies exhaustion and pain slowly returned to Jack’s embattled frame as he dragged himself and Sally to their unsteady feet. Sally asked him quietly already fearing his answer
“What do we do now Jack? I’m not sure I…”
Jack’s vision focused as he beheld the mirage of his dead wife merge into the shivering waif before him and in a distant voice, like heard from deep underground, he answered
“We run, Sally, we don’t stop, we run.”
A flock of geese flew high overhead determined on their destination. The bird at the front made a subtle change of direction and the others changed course accordingly.

Upon Reflection:
Well the poor Heroes didn’t seem to gain a foothold in this scenario. With 8 number counters to Search through and only 2 counters revealed the Heroes were really struggling. However this scenario is quite unlike any other with lots of new mechanics to take into account such as moving through trees. The Feral Dead and Behemoth to face down and the scarcity of buildings to forage for Items this one will take some cracking for the Heroes.

I would very much like to read your comments.Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: Last Night on Earth/ Blood in the Forest Game Report Apr 2014 Lost in the Woods
Once again, an awesome report Watchmen02 the for sharing Watchmen02
04-21-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: Last Night on Earth/ Blood in the Forest Game Report Apr 2014 Lost in the Woods
Quite the story there!

Though I'm not sure why Bizarro Superman didn't just beat everyone up with his freeze vision and heat breath.
[Image: Bizarro-animated.jpg]
Us am not Zombie!
Us am smash Woodinvale!

... i need to get more fun figurines!
04-23-2014, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 10:08 AM by samuraitrev.)
(04-21-2014 09:25 PM)Jabbadoor Wrote:  Once again, an awesome report Watchmen02 the for sharing Watchmen02

Thanks for taking a look Jabbadoor

(04-21-2014 09:53 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Quite the story there!

Though I'm not sure why Bizarro Superman didn't just beat everyone up with his freeze vision and heat breath.
Us am not Zombie!
Us am smash Woodinvale!

... i need to get more fun figurines!

Haha!
Bizarro Superman even managed to get killed during Turn 5, his powers must have failed himZombie13
04-23-2014, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 03:00 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
You've also got to watch that LoS in the BitF scenarios - no firing through Forest squares. It all adds to the feel and flavour.
Enjoyed reading another good story Trev - time to get LNOE out again.

I'm always impressed that you can remember all the rules all the time when using all the expansions.
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM
(04-23-2014 02:59 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  You've also got to watch that LoS in the BitF scenarios - no firing through Forest squares. It all adds to the feel and flavour.
Enjoyed reading another good story Trev - time to get LNOE out again.

I'm always impressed that you can remember all the rules all the time when using all the expansions.

Thanks for taking a look. I really have to get around to sending you your figure. I've got 2 painting projects and one scenery project on the go at the moment. 2/3 are LNoE related...Zombie17

As far as rules go. I play it usually once a week so that keeps it fresh. Otherwise I'd be lost!