Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night on Earth Game Report, Blow Up The Town, Oct 2013
10-21-2013, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 08:19 PM by samuraitrev.)
Last Night on Earth Game Report, Blow Up The Town, Oct 2013
Hello and welcome to my latest Game Report. This game has been played using every available expansion for LNoE (inc. Timber Peak). This scenario comes with Timber Peak. Card titles are in italics and a link to the card effects are here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Card_List

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must Search for Explosives and place 1 Explosive in each corner section of the board. The Zombies win by killing 2 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Gym (TP), The Barn, Gun Shop and the Power Station.
Characters (random): Jake Cartwright (TP), Kenny, Mr Goddard and Alice.
Starting Zombies: 9
Turns: 15

HU: = Hero Upgrade
ST: = Survival Tactic
TP: = Timber Peak
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
Mr Goddard is in the High School, surrounded by the unrecognisable sad heaps of shredded meat. Alice is eating scraps of food from the Diner. Jake and Kenny are at the town centre discussing the probability of being the last men on Earth.

Turn 1
Jake: “All I’m sayin’ is; if you had to, would you?”
Kenny: “Definitely not! Man you’re sick…besides where would you find one?”
Jake: “Yeah I suppose you’re right and if she burst, you wouldn’t find a repair kit. Right f**k it, let’s blow the s**t outta this place!”
Kenny: “Kinda extreme but it’d warm us up a bit… My God They’ve Taken the Farmhouse and Diner”
Jake: “Do I look like a give a rat’s arse? Right let’s split up. Take this walkie and let me know if you find anything of interest.”
Alice escapes the Zombie infested Diner into the Power Station. Mr Goddard doesn’t move from the school. He sits weeping bitter tears of remorse. Jake lets off some frustration in the Gym. Sensible Kenny makes his way into the Gun Shop.

Turn 2
Alice is pounced upon in the Power Station and wounded. She makes a quick Recovery as the wound was only superficial. She runs from the Power Station and joins Goddard in the School. Jake finishes his weight session and realizes he’d been pumping iron on top of a Crate of Dynamite!
Jake: “Holy f***! Ok Jake just keep calm… Now this is a clear message from lady Woodinvale herself. She’s sayin’ oh Jake, big guy, hurry up and blow me the f*** up. I hear you girl, daddy’s got some big boom time comin’ your way…”
Kenny finds a Welding Torch in the Gun Shop.
Kenny: “Bigman this is Weiner. I’ve found a metal cutting, fire thing. Come in…”
Jake: “Shhh! Cut the chatter, somethin' major’s goin' down. All I’m sayin' don’t be surprised if your ears start bleedin' if this works. I’m talkin' Manowar level loud.”

Turn 3
Kenny: “Come in Bigman, this is Weiner. My God They’ve Taken the Power Station. The Power’s gone all across town.”
Jake: “You think you’ve got problems? I’m walkin' around with a tonne of dynamite and a Fire has just started next to me. I never thought pourin' water on a paraffin burner would react so frisky!”
Jake places an Explosive in the Gym.
Jake: “Weiner you there? If things get bad, I left a Stockpile of Guns in The Barn.”
Alice finds a Signal Flare in the School and gives it to Goddard. Mr Goddard makes his way to the window but Twists his Ankle he shoots the Flare at the first Zombie he sees and it bursts into a writhing incandescent flame.

Turn 4
Jake the Outsider becomes a Loner with Hysteria.
Kenny: “Nothing to report from the Gun Shop. You know, I think we’ll make it out of here”
Jake: “Optimism is the madness of insistin' that all is well when we are miserable.”
Kenny: “Suit yourself. I’ve found some jerky.”
Alice must have some kind of ST:Holy Blessing as a Zombie bite is miraculously prevented. The Gym fire spreads and engulfs a Zombie child in cleansing flames. Goddard Searches in the High School and finds a Lighter.

Turn 5
The Gun Shop windows explode in a shower of razor sharp fragments. Kenny dives to the ground, narrowly evading the gnashing maws of two maggot ridden Zombies. He thrusts the burning Welding Torch into a Zombies face screaming
Kenny: “Get Back You Devils
He uses his ability and throws his Welding Torch across the room and Cleans Up On Isle 7. The torch spears through the Zombie's head and both Zombies lay at Kenny’s feet. The stench of cooked rotten flesh forces Kenny to violently eject his jerky. Goddard is locked in combat in the High School and manages to push a Zombie down a flight of stairs. Its neck and back break with a sickening crack. Jake makes his way from the Gym into the High School.
Jake: “I Know Where It Is, it’s in the High School”
Goddard: “What are you talking about? Wait is that dynamite? You do realize the fire’s spreading?”
Jake: “Top marks professor, I caused the fire and I’m takin' this tin pot town down… we're all gonna be pretty hot tonight”
Goddard became aware of the madness in Jake’s eyes.
Goddard: “(In a soothing voice) Yesss big shiny fire, you’d like that wouldn’t you? Lots of bangs and flashing lights. We could even do a nice little dance, now why don’t I just slowly take that so you don’t hurt yourself…”

Turn 6
The emergency Lights go Out in the Bookstore. Another Zombie smashes its way into Kenny’s hastily built barricades and the putrescent Zombie takes a chunk out of Kenny's arm. He covered his wound with the crushing certainty he’d become Infected. Goddard had gained Faith in his survival plan and punched a Zombie to the ground and stamped on its head killing it instantly. Goddard had become an expert in fighting Zombies and gained a HU: (melee) Killing Blow. One of the fires died out. Jake finds a Fuel Can in the High School. Kenny makes a partial Recovery and he tries to make himself comfortable and awaits the end. Goddard Searches in the High School (I Know Where It Is cancelled). He takes a Hunting Rifle. He discards his Rifle and Lighter using his Repair ability he comes up with a plan.
Goddard: “At Last…”
Goddard is attacked again and he kills it with a Killing Blow. Kenny Picks Up the Rifle from the Gun Shop and kills the Zombie who’d bitten him. He’d gained his HU: (ranged) Sharpshooter. Alice had made her way to the deserted Barn.

Turn 7
Jake: “Hey, Bigman to Weiner, I’ve found a can of fuel. I’ve got enough to burn this town to the bedrock. Where you at? Come and join the party”
Kenny: “(cough, cough!) Heh! It’s me; I’m going to have to skip the party Bigman. A Zombie got me man; it’s...its all over… I…I’m not going to make it. Sorry I failed boss, we could have made it out of here. I messed up I…”
Jake: “Kenny? KENNY! Don’t you be givin' up now, YOU HEAR ME? KENNNYYY!!! God Damn this place. I’m gonna burn it up real good for you sonny. You see if I don’t…”
Kenny is wounded and because he was ZU: Secretly Bitten he is doomed to walk as one of the hated living dead. A new Hero arrives in town, its Sally at the Town Centre armed with a Meat Cleaver. Mr Goddard is swarmed by Zombies and he’s wounded twice. One burning area goes out as another area bursts into flame.
Goddard: “At Last… the Power Station isn’t Taken Over anymore.”
Alice Picks Up the Hunting Rifle from the Barn and the Stockpile of Guns had now been depleted. Sally sees Goddard in danger and charges into the swarm. She fights bravely but is wounded fighting impossible odds. Mr Goddard drags himself into the corner of the Gym. He desperately tries to stem the bleeding behind the wall of flames. Jake runs through the fires and rolls out the flames on the wet ground outside.

Turn 8
Mr Goddard summons the last of his strength and kills another Zombie with a Killing Blow. With mounting horror he realizes he was Bitten in the fight. Sally is swarmed by Zombies and she buries her Meat Cleaver into a Zombie skull and kills it. Three remaining Zombies drag her to the ground and end her short stay in Woodinvale…

Result: Zombie Victory (2 Heroes killed)
Hero of the Game: Jake (1 corner section rigged with explosives)
Weapon of Choice: Hand to Hand (6 kills)
Undead kill count: 9

Epilogue
Alice crawled quietly into the loft of the Barn and lay exhausted. Tomorrow she would descend and try to escape this ill fated town.
Meanwhile across town…
Goddard felt himself slipping into unconsciousness from smoke inhalation and strangely he didn’t seem to mind. His last vision was a grinning demon leaping through the flames. The figure snatched him up and threw him over his shoulder like a rag doll. The mad man’s blistered mouth roared into Goddard’s ear
Jake: “I got you prof. change of plan; cover your eyes we’re going back through. See you on the other side”

Upon Reflection:
From Turn 4 onwards the Zombies swarmed around the North East corner of the map. The fire and the amount of Zombies trapped the Heroes and halted them from planting explosives across the town. The main danger was Jake because he had the Crate of Dynamite and the Zombies concentrated their numbers around the building he was in. It didn’t help the Heroes when the Power Station got Taken Over as this makes the Lights go Out in every building on the board. Any scenario that has a 2 Hero death victory condition is always tough for the Hero side. In retrospect if I’d have been the Heroes I would have ran Jake through the flames much earlier.

Please take a moment to comment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Last Night on Earth Game Report, Blow Up The Town, Oct 2013
Excellent write up as usual. I love the humour in the dialogue - you really do build the characters. I'm always reluctant for heroes to start fires but see that it could be a good tactic to keep zombies in a corner.

BTW - where did you get the fire markers?
10-22-2013, 10:38 PM
(10-22-2013 08:53 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Excellent write up as usual. I love the humour in the dialogue - you really do build the characters. I'm always reluctant for heroes to start fires but see that it could be a good tactic to keep zombies in a corner.

BTW - where did you get the fire markers?

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I put a bit more effort into this one, so I'm glad you think it paid off.

I did a thread about the fire markers here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ks-AWESOME
10-22-2013, 11:09 PM
I rather liked this writeup.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2013, 11:15 PM
(10-22-2013 11:09 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I rather liked this writeup.

Thank you mqstout.
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Nice love the fire I'm going to have to get a horse mount for TJ too haha
10-24-2013, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 11:59 PM by samuraitrev.)
(10-23-2013 09:44 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice love the fire I'm going to have to get a horse mount for TJ too haha

I love using the fire markers. Only problem is they don't get used enough. I think that will change after the Blood in the Forest expansion.
Lol I knew I was missing something! I need a T.J. Thoroghbred model (just for that 1 turn)Zombie17
10-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I agree about Fire not being used enough. They really add to TP but get lost in a full LNOE plus expansions card deck.
10-25-2013, 04:58 PM
TJ + Escape through the windows = greatest game ever. Model up that horse-jumping-through-a-window scene, just so you have it!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 06:49 PM by samuraitrev.)
(10-25-2013 03:23 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I agree about Fire not being used enough. They really add to TP but get lost in a full LNOE plus expansions card deck.

Agreed especially if you've got all the cards available, they just vanish into the deck.

However new fires start with
1) Gasoline explosions
2) discarding any fire item in an adjacent space

Most Heroes hardly ever do method 2 though...

(10-25-2013 04:58 PM)mqstout Wrote:  TJ + Escape through the windows = greatest game ever. Model up that horse-jumping-through-a-window scene, just so you have it!

I've got all kinds of epic in my modellers brain going on right now!