Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night on Earth Game Report, Hold The LIne Feb 2014
02-23-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 06:53 PM by samuraitrev.)
Last Night on Earth Game Report, Hold The LIne Feb 2014
Hello and welcome to my latest Game Report. This game has been played using every available expansion for LNoE (inc. Timber Peak and Blood in the Forest). This scenario is a web exclusive from Flying Frog. Card titles are in italics and a link to the card effects are here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Card_List

Scenario Special Rules: Heroes Replenish, Hero Card Pool (8), Always Zombie Heroes, Zombies Auto Spawn, Zombie Hand (6), Extra Zombie Move (+1).
Mission: The Zombies must get 3 Zombies from one table edge to the opposite table edge or kill 3 Heroes to win.
Board Sections (random): Gym (TP), Lumber Yard, Hospital (TP) and The Barn.
Characters (random): Victor, Sally (LNoE), Father Joseph and the immortal Jake Cartwright (LNoE).
Starting Zombies: 8
Turns: 12

H2H: = Hand to Hand (Fight)
HU: = Hero Upgrade
ST: = Survival Tactic
TP: = Timber Peak
UI: = Unique Item
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
Father Joseph: “Stand firm, oh brothers for they shall feel the righteous flames ere the night is through. With the almighty on our side, we shall fear no evil!”
Victor: “Not one of those maggot ridden freaks is waltzin’ past me. Yeah we’ve got all the townsfolk relyin’ on us but why should I give a f%**! You inbreds were quick to slap me in irons before the apocalypse kicked off. That damn sheriff left me for dead!”
Jake: “Look friend this isn’t all about you. There’s women and kids back there. If the Zombies get past us it’ll be a massacre. We need to focus; I suggest we split up across town.”
Sally: “Jake’s right, we should fan out and look for weapons. Let’s take back this town. I’m so tired of running and living in fear. Let’s end this. I’m going to check The Barn first. Jake, see if you can break into the High School. Father come with me, you can check the Farmhouse I suggest you Rise to the Challenge if you need to use a gun to protect these people, do it! Victor, go to the Bookstore. That should spread us evenly across town.”
Victor: (Slapping his Monkey Wrench against his callused palm) “I don’t know who put you in charge little lady but it sounds like a plan. Let’s f**k ‘em up.”
Joseph: “Well said my son, if a little brash, let’s severely hamper their day!”

Turn 1
More Zombies poured out of the swirling mist.

T-Bone: “There’s Blood in the Forest A herd's coming this way. I’ll lead ‘em off. Just protect the others. There’s a Stockpile: of First Aid in the Police Station. I’m heading that way.” T-Bone disappeared into the night an irresistible walking banquet for the hungry dead. (Blood in the Forest cancelled). Victor makes an Investigation of the Bookstore. Sally finds a Fire Extinguisher in The Barn.

Turn 2
Jake Searches the High School and finds a blood splattered UI: Johnny’s Jacket. Sally continues Searching The Barn and finds a Wireless Radio. Maybe she could call for backup? Victor charges a Zombie screaming
Victor: “How Do You Like It?” Little did he know the GWZ was carrying an Explosive. The Zombie dropped the explosive and a huge boom shook the valley for miles. Jake dived for cover behind the well as all 7 Zombies were blown to rotten chunks a hundred feet into the air. As the smoke cleared Victor frantically patted the flames off his clothes. Victor had gained the HU: (melee) Tough which he then boosts. (Wins on a tie and prevents wounds on a 5+)

Turn 3
Suddenly Victor leaps back as a vicious Rusty Axe swing almost disembowels him.

Father Joseph Searches the Farmhouse and prises a Pump Shotgun from the cold fingers of a farmhand who’d opted out. Sally Searches The Barn again and finds a Lighter. Victor leaves the Town Centre and heads into the silent Saw Mill.

Turn 4
Victor Searches the Saw Mill.
Victor: “Ha, Ha! I Know Where It Is. This Police Shotgun’s gonna make those sacks of s*** think again before comin' my way!”
Frank: “Hey mister, the name’s Frank I’m the Forest Ranger in these parts. I’ve laid some bush traps that should slow them down some. (5 Zombies are pushed back). I gotta go it’s not safe here.”
Victor: “Thanks Boy Scout, don’t go gettin’ bitten out there.”
Sally Searches The Barn again and finds UI: Rachelle’s Police Vest.

Turn 5
Farmer Sty defiantly holds back the Rusty Axe GWZ.
Farmer Sty: “Save the Young uns and the womenfolk. This is my farm. I’ll die here.”

Jake works his way through the High School and into the Gym. Victor is forced to discard his Monkey Wrench as It’s Stuck in a Zombie’s guts. The Zombie’s Vicious Attack leaves Victor with a gaping wound. Victor managed to grab the Police Shotgun and fire it at the Zombie putting it to rest forever. Tears of rage and pain flowed down victors face. His soul forever scarred from today’s events. Sally’s Searches in The Barn continue and she finds UI: Sam’s Dog Tags. She discards the heavy Wireless Radio as she couldn’t carry any more supplies. She then discards her Lighter to start a fire outside the Barn, which engulfs an inquisitive Zombie. She then blasts the Zombie away from the Barn with the Fire Extinguisher. The Fire Extinguisher must have been almost empty and Sally is forced to discard it. The Heroes had decided tonight would hinge on the old adage ST: Survival of the Fittest.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 07:16 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Last Night on Earth Game Report, Hold The LIne Feb 2014
Turn 6
Father Joseph’s pristine holy robes are besmirched and torn as a Zombie bellowing "Urghhhhhh!" wounds him. Meanwhile Victor is wounded by the Rusty Axe GWZ and he loses his Police Shotgun in the fight, unable to withstand the Savagery of the Dead. The Zombies carry on attacking relentlessly and Jake is wounded in the Gym. Victor is relieved to make a quick Recovery. Jake decides the best course of action is to simply ST: Hide. Trying to fight all of the Zombies would be suicide. Sally Investigates and Searches in the Barn and Finds her missing Pendant (UI: Sally’s Pendant).
Sally: “How the hell did this get here? It seems that some light fingered survivor has been hording all our stuff in here…”
Father Joseph has to discard the Shotgun, unable to pull the trigger. He finds some Keys in a Quick Draw and some Bandages in the Farmhouse. Joseph heals his wound with one of the Bandages.

Turn 7
The 1st Zombie Shambled past the Heroes in the night and was now terrorizing the defenceless townsfolk. Jake is forced to discard UI: Johnny’s Jacket as it was torn to shreds. Father Joseph is wounded again in the Farmhouse, desperately battling to keep the Zombies from getting through. Joseph Bandaged his wound and grimly fought on. Victor is wounded by a Machete wielding ZGW but again makes a miraculous Recovery as he seeks shelter in the Bookstore. The horde smashed against the windows and doors. How long would the walls hold?

Sally Searches and finds a Shovel hanging on The Barn wall.

Turn 8
Sally kills a Zombie in H2H drawing strength from UI: Sam’s Dog Tags. After the adrenaline passed Sally realized, to her mounting horror, she’d been Bitten. Father Joseph takes a wound devoutly praying for deliverance with his Strength of Spirit. He discards his final Bandages to heal his fatigue. Joseph is attacked and wounded by a disgusting Bloated Body GWZ. The nightmare continued across town as the Outsider Victor is wounded by a Recently Dead GWZ. The Zombies had gained the ZU: Break Down, which cancels Victor’s HU: Tough. Victor, a broken man is overwhelmed and eaten alive.

Victor soon arises, a new addition to the ranks of shuffling horrors as a Zombie Hero. A New Hero, Jenny, leaves the cowering townsfolk determined to protect them. The ever faithful Old Betsy by her side whimpering and snuffling the foul air.

Father Joseph takes a second wound using his Strength of Spirit. He receives a heaven sent Second Wind (ITALICS) and all of his fatigue and spiritual wounds are healed. A new fire starts in Sally’s space and part of UI; Rachelle’s Police Vest (ITALICS) is burnt off. Sally attempts to flee the burning Barn but the Door was Locked (ITALICS) as burning beams barred the way. She is wounded by inhaling toxic smoke.

Turn 9
Old Betsy: “ARRRROOOOO!!!!!!”
Old Betsy breaks her leash and shot toward the mass of Zombies while snarling and barking. The Zombies instinctively backed away from the noise and snapping jaws.

The Bookstore had become Taken Over and a Building Overrun. Sally becomes Hysterical as she flees the inferno. Jake is wounded twice bravely holding the Zombies back.

Turn 10
Old Betsy’s courage finally breaks and she runs off terrified into the woods. The Gym is Taken Over with Overtaken. A further 2 Zombies break through the line of Heroes and nothing stops them from getting to the defenceless townsfolk.

Result: Zombie Victory (3 Zombies broke through the line)
Hero of the Game: Victor (killed 8 Zombies)
Weapon of Choice: (H2H 1 kill but caused a further 6 deaths)
Undead kill count: 9

Epilogue
The sun arose upon a scene of utter devastation and horror. The townsfolk’s meagre shelters had been torn apart. The surviving Heroes peered with revulsion and dismay into one shelter that resembled a hellish abattoir. All was lost.
Joseph: (ashen faced) “M-m-maybe some got away, God save them”
Every Hero knew in their heart the gnashing maw of the ever hungry dead had claimed them. Sally caressed a cool revolver against her temple and for the first time in who knows, she felt decisive.

Upon Reflection:
Poor, poor Heroes! If only they could have held out for another 2 Turns. This scenario is so tough. It didn’t help that by the end of Turn 1 there were 14 Zombies on the board. The auto spawning Zombies coupled with the Zombies having a constant hand of 6 cards ensured hell kept coming their way. Even the Heroes 8 starting card pool all seemed to be events. The Zombies even get +1 to their movement in this scenario which is also tough to stop them. Throw in a few Shambles and its bad news all around. I would recommend this scenario as thematically you really get the feel of holding back an endless herd of Zombies. It’s a hell of a challenge but I believe it can be done.

Please take a moment to comment.
02-23-2014, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 07:32 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
Top-notch storytelling as usual Trev.

Can you clarify how you play Builings Taken Over in this scenario where zombies only spawn on the base line?
02-23-2014, 08:10 PM
(02-23-2014 07:31 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Top-notch storytelling as usual Trev.

Can you clarify how you play Builings Taken Over in this scenario where zombies only spawn on the base line?

Rule 4) on the scenario card covers this I believe.
'...Random Buildings are always selected on one of the two L-shaped outer boards that contain the Zombie Board Edge.'

Hope this helps.
02-24-2014, 09:25 AM
(02-23-2014 08:10 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(02-23-2014 07:31 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Top-notch storytelling as usual Trev.

'...Random Buildings are always selected on one of the two L-shaped outer boards that contain the Zombie Board Edge.'

Hope this helps.

Thanks Trev - must have missed that.
02-24-2014, 06:05 PM
(02-24-2014 09:25 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(02-23-2014 08:10 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  

Hope this helps.

No worries did you have a game last njght? We played the BitF scenario Lost in the Woods. It had the forest only board plus the vile Feral Dead and the fearsome Behemoth!Zombie13
Game Report coming soon!
Thanks Trev - must have missed that.
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi Trev, Awesome game report as always.

I dont understand your Epilogue. You sad "All was Lost" How can that be when the Zombies got to eat all the Insane21 townfolk ? Insane16

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-27-2014, 09:59 PM
(02-27-2014 06:06 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi Trev, Awesome game report as always.

I dont understand your Epilogue. You sad "All was Lost" How can that be when the Zombies got to eat all the Insane21 townfolk ? Insane16

Hee hee I forgot you'd be celebrating! Thanks for reading and commenting. Good to hear from youWatchmen02
02-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Will the heroes ever win?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Nice report man! I really have missed seeing these. I have yet to play Hold the Line because I randomly draw scenarios but maybe I should pick and choose so they get equal playing time. Can't wait to see the next one!