Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Epic shotgun kills!
11-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Epic shotgun kills!
My co-workers and I play LNOE on our 1 hour lunch break, and we were playing Timer Peak. The scenario was blow up the town. We managed to plant all the explosives. I was playing the lumber Jack and found a police shotgun. The zombies had two heroes on the verge of death, surrounded, as I walked up and made FIVE....yes that's right FIVE kills in a row with that awesome weapon, which cleared out the zombies. The rescued heroes ran to the middle and hit the planger to win the game. Best ending ever!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: Epic shotgun kills!
I always tell people, shotgun is the way to go...every fps I have ever played I am just awful with everything, until I get a shotgun...then BLAM! watch out. I will never miss
11-03-2012, 09:25 AM
The shotgun is awesome. That's why I let my most resilient zed get in its way. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2012, 02:54 PM
The police shotgun is the single-handedly dumbest gun in the game. It's border line banned in my house already. And the Sheriff starts with it!

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
11-03-2012, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 06:36 PM by Brentis.)
Yes....one of the heroes was the sheriff and he missed every single shot he took that game!!!! So....it is balanced. The zombies get a card pretty much every turn, and those cards get nasty.
11-04-2012, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 01:14 PM by ForestRunner.)
Granted the police shotgun can decimate a Zombie Horde now and then. I've equalled the quoted FIVE, and have racked up a FOUR as well. I've also had bad times with it as well, constantly missing... and on one occasion coming up snakes eyes on turn 1.

As a Zombie player, there are some wily tricks to counter. As Scarydk posted, Resilient is good one. Out of Luck also works. Pulled Away and Savagery of the Dead are also good if you can engage in combat/melee. Bear in mind, the TP ammo counters wording is for ranged attack and ammo checks, and therefore will not counter the direct discard effects quoted above.

The game is not as one sided as it may appear Insane04

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
(11-03-2012 02:54 PM)Orguss Wrote:  The police shotgun is the single-handedly dumbest gun in the game. It's border line banned in my house already. And the Sheriff starts with it!

I can't say that I entirely agree. The zombies get so much vicious stuff to help them, why not let the heroes have something kick arse like that too? Not to mention, you have to remember that you only get to keep shooting as long as you kill zombies. Meaning one unlucky roll and your killing spree ends... and then you may even lose the gun. Unlucky rolls are notorious for coming up just when you really don't want them to all the time. So, odds are there won't be too many occasions where the hero is able to kill large numbers of zombies at once with this gun.

Still, I can definitely see why you feel that way. If your particular group isn't fond of it, I say go ahead and ban it. I just personally think it is balanced just fine in an expansion that is specifically more vicious in the first place.