Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night on Tatooine?
09-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Last Night on Tatooine?
My son is a huge Star Wars fan and wants to create a Star Wars version of LNOE. His idea is to replace Zombies with stormtroopers and use SW characters as heroes. The buildings would become SW locations such as Millenium Falcon, Cantina, etc.. It would be a lot of work to convert all the verbage on the cards but other than that I don't see why the mechanics wouldn't translate to SW fairly well.

The only part that might may seem a little off is having stormtroopers only move one space at a time. That and the idea of "fending off" a stormtrooper.

Do you think the translation would play well or would it need too many modifications?

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
RE: Last Night on Tatooine?
Interesting...but yeah, I can see the problems to the restrictions of the storm troopers.

How about using sick Sand People instead? The Sand People come down with a terrible mutangen, and begin attack the fair folk of Tatooine....Still Star War-sy, but still zombie-enough so the rules still make sense.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Also, with IFOS, perhaps Martians would convert better into Stormtroopers. Unless you wanted to go the Deathtrooper-direction (the recent zombie-horror Star Wars novel), in which case, the existing zombie rules work perfectly well.
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
(09-30-2010 06:44 AM)gavindowning Wrote:  Also, with IFOS, perhaps Martians would convert better into Stormtroopers. Unless you wanted to go the Deathtrooper-direction (the recent zombie-horror Star Wars novel), in which case, the existing zombie rules work perfectly well.

I hadn't heard of Deathtrooper. I'll check it out. Might be just the right compromise.

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
10-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Here's details on the book:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deathtroopers

I rather enjoyed it, myself -- gruesome and a lot of fun.
10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
the sand people could be good.. or make them the soldier droids like in the 1/2 movies. they move kinda slow...

soundguy
02-06-2011, 10:22 AM
It's also be a good way to reuse those Star Wars Miniatures that were being collected a few years ago... I know my son has over 200 sitting on his desk collecting dust because he can't find anyone else who likes playing it. The storm trooper and clone trooper minis are a dime a dozen on e-bay, mostly because they are the common figures.
02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
ugh.. I have sooooo many games and mini's that no one plays anymore.. it's sad!
02-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Don't storm troopers usually use blasters? You could do it of course, but I feel like the game mechanics match up perfectly to zombie specific stories. They move slowly, and are easy to fend off, yet difficult to kill barehanded. The only danger is when they swarm you...it's right out of a Romero movie! It doesn't work very well in my mind for vampires or storm troopers or anything else. But that's just me. Nonetheless it's a neat idea...I'd kind of like to see pictures if it ever comes to fruition! Good luck! Watchmen02
02-16-2011, 09:35 PM
I would go the death troopers route and it would transfer perfectly!!!
There is some really cool artwork for it out there as well.