Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Laying Down The Law
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Laying Down The Law
“Laying Down The Law”

The small quiet town of Woodinvale has been over run with Zombies.

“WARNING TO ALL CITIZENS – Due to the infestation of Zombies, MARSHALL LAW HAS BEEN ENACTED – ALL CREATURES MOVING OUTSIDE WILL BE SHOT ON SITE. It is best to stay in your homes until the infestation has been eliminated.
THIS IS YOUR ONLY AND FINAL WARNING!!! “
Thank you, Sheriff Anderson. Brought to you by the Community of Woodinvale. Have a pleasant day J

For years Sam has owed the bank, to pay for his Dinner, and home. For years he has stood across the Center of Town, watching the Bank, take more and more of his, and his friend’s money. Watching the Bank get bigger and fancier, while he can’t afford to pay his loan, and the bank threatens to foreclose. Wishing and hoping his debt would be paid off. He hatches a plan. “Rob the Bank?” It’s a perfect time, no one is around, or if they are around, they’re already dead. Sam tells his friend Jake to wait with Johnny (Amanda’s BF) He will be back soon with a way out of Woodinvale.

2 players, 15 Turns Zombie vs. Hero vs. Hero

SET UP
Use the Large grass Town Square, facing you.
Starting from the bottom left and going clock wise. These exact L boards Police Station (2), Bank (3), Dinner (4) and High School (5)

Place the Sun Dial Tracker on number 16

Place the Money marker ,in the Bank on the Safe. (top left corner of bank)
How to blow up the Safe and get the Money.
A hero must start their turn in the bank. Light and discard Dynamite, in the Bank. The Safe open on a 1D6 of 2+ , once completed, retrieve the Money marker. The money can be dropped, picked up or exchanged freely afterwards. If the Hero carrying the money dies, the money falls were death occurred.

On the Town Square, place one green Zombie in the center top outside square. 12 o’clock, position. Then place a green Zombie in the 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock, and 9 o’clock positions. Using only the outer squares. Place a brown Zombie on the corners squares. The Center square should be empty.

Place Johnny’s Motorcycle out side of the High School door. (on the sidewalk) Moves on a 1D6 plus 3, and has 1 wound. A Hero must end their move action to get on the motorcycle. The motorcycle will start with any Non-Rusty Keys. While the Motorcycle is moving, minus 1 on the attacking die roll. The motorcycle only holds 1 student and 1 non-student, or 2 students maximum.

These Hero’s
Player 1
Sam, and his daughter Amanda (that’s right), Jake and Johnny start in the Dinner.
Sam has the Meat Clever, a lighter and Dynamite. Amanda has 2 Fire Extinguishers. Johnny starts with Keys and cannot lose or discard or surrender them in any way.

Player 2
Sheriff Anderson, and his son Billy, Rochelle and Sally start in the Police Station. (for this game purpose the Police Station is a 4 square building. I use a Turn Order card to show this. Same building lay with respect to walls and the door)
Sheriff Anderson has a Revolver and Ammo. Sheriff Anderson starts the game with “Laying Down the Law”, played on him. Rochelle has her gun and flashlight as normal.

Decide by random which player has control of which color Zombies.
Each Player has 7 Zombies.
Decide by random who is Player 1 and Player 2
Player 1 always goes first.

GAME PLAY- Regular - Zombie Turn, Hero Turn

All Zombies are subject to Hunger. All Zombies eat all Heroes. (yes, it is possible to be attacked by your own Zombies ) Zombie turn is simultaneously. Move the Sun Dial Tracker.
Player 1 takes their 2nd action. Player 2 takes their 2nd action.
P1 takes their 3rd action P2 takes their 3rd action and so on. This can be broken down, by using the same method as below.

Odd turn numbers Player 1 goes first. Using 1 of his Heroes. Then Player 2 uses 1 hero, then Player 1 uses their 2nd hero, Player 2 plays their 2nd… And so one

Even turn numbers Player 2 goes first, with regards to Zombie and Hero turns.

SENARIO RULES

Remove ‘Lets Split up” from the game.
SIGNAL FLARE add to Card. That Hero takes 2 wounds on a 4+
No Zombie Heroes
Heroes cannot Attack into the Police Station, or Dinner. (i.e. you cant shoot, throw, attack adjacent) Walking in is encouraged.
When rolling for Random Building 1 is you and 6 is the other player.

Zombie must spawn all available Zombies
Every Zombie that can move must.
When a card refers to “all” Heroes or Zombies, replace all with ‘all your”
Hero cards do not affect Laying Down the Law
Only if the Sheriff is dead. Then if Rochelle kills any Hero holding the Money. She Gains Laying Down Law.

HERO VS HERO RULES

A tie is a tie (i do like the Push concept)
Replace the word Hero or Zombie on any card you play, as seem fit)
Zombie must follow Hunger
Any Hero can attack any Hero at any time.
Amanda gives her Beauty bonus to whom she wants.
Killed hero items and weapons are discarded as normal

STARTING HEROES
Sam, Amanda, Sheriff Anderson and Billy are Active players. They my move, search and fight as normal.

REPLENISH
Jake, Johnny, Rochelle and Sally are NON-ACTIVE or REPLENISH. These Heroes may search and fight as normal. They must stay in their start building; they are not allowed to leave their building until one or both teammates die.

In the event of death:
Sam gets replaced by Jake
Amanda gets replaced by Johnny
Sheriff Anderson gets replaced by Rochelle
Billy gets replaced by Sally

Once the starting Hero dies. The replenished Hero is now active, or can move normally

VICTORY CONDITIONS

HERO
Player 1 – WINS when Any Hero, exits the board on ‘Road out of Town” WITH The money.
EXCEPT Amanda cannot win solo. Amanda must be accompanied
If on the Motorcycle they can ride out of Town.
If on Foot, the Hero with the Must stop, on the Road Out of Town. Wait 1 full turn. –arrive on a hero turn STOP , survive a Zombie turn, survive a Hero turn. Then may exit the board.

OR Kills both Sheriff Anderson and Rochelle

Player 2 – WINS INSTANTLY if there are ever NO ZOMBIES on the board. Law and Order has been regained in Woodinvale.

OR Kills any Bank Robbers and retrieves the money. Then enters the Police Station

ZOMBIE

When your Zombies Kills any 2 opposing Heroes.

“I know it seems like a bunch of rules, but it’s all theatrical. The rest is just killing. I think I got it all down. Ask or complain as desired” Hugz anyway ;P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2011 04:29 PM by Pred.)
RE: Laying Down The Law
Seems interesting, have you gave this a go with friends yet? Did I have any influence?Watchmen02

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-09-2011, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2011 06:01 PM by PJON.)
RE: Laying Down The Law
Hi, I have played it a bunch of times. I play a bunch of 2 player games
Insane19 I have been on both sides. Sam has yet to win, a bunch of stratageys on his side to play out. Jake has actually stood on The Road out of Town. Only to be shot dead by Rochelle and Sally. It was fun because Amanda shot a flare at Sally and killed her. Then Johnny Ran out of the Diner and Beat the crap out of Rochelle (chainsaw helped) To bad for Amanda and Johnny, because those deaths happened during turn 1, the final turn. Great fun though