Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leave some behind
03-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Leave some behind
Alright, so I tested this scenario twice and it's a hard one for the heroes, so it's perfect for its intended purpose of leaving some heroes behind Watchmen02.

So the town has been invaded by zombies (obviously), but since this is a small town with lots of teenagers (ever noticed the ratio!), not everyone has a vehicle, and when they do, it's either a weird one (I go around on my lift boy'!) or they've lost the key (it's a zombie apocalypse, bare with me!).

Now the trouble is, you don't want to stay in a zombie infested town, so everyone wants to get the hell out of here... unfortunately, there isn't enough room for everyone to get out in vehicles! and there certainly isn't any other way out since it's just zombie infected farm fields everywhere around!

Turns: 15

Scenario search items: None (This kill the Just what I needed card's utility, but as I said, hard!)

Place the lift, the motorcycle, the tractor and the truck, each in one corner of the map (outside a building...)

Lift: Requires keys, seats 1

Motorcycle: Requires gas + keys, seats 2

Tractor: Requires rusty keys, seats 1

Truck: Requires keys + 2 gas, seats all

To use gas on the vehicles, heroes must spend an entire turn on the vehicle's square and discard the gas card. If they die, the gas is dropped on the ground (marked by a gas marker), and any other hero can pick it up simply by walking over it.

So there you have it, there is a way of having all four heroes run away, but it's so hard to get that it's unlikely to happen unless you're very lucky. Otherwise, rusty keys are also hard to find, but if you do find them, you're out the door! For the motorcycle, it's probably the best alliance scenario, although the one with the keys could just decide to run away on the lift if things go bad! (Unless someone already did!)

The two times I played, 2 heroes got out: first time with lift and tractor, second time with motorcycle. It was a close one for the surviving heroes both times, but this works kind of well as I wanted to make sure they had very little chance of getting out.

I was considering a way for them to attack each other so they could steal the items from one another, but I haven't thought of an effective way to do so without outbalancing the whole thing! Any ideas?

*Braaaiiiinnnnns......*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2011, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 06:51 AM by vikinglad.)
RE: Leave some behind
I really like the idea of this one, but I am not sure I understand the "Scenario search items: None" part. It seems like there are lots of keys and gas that must be searched for. Why kill the "Just what I needed" card? Just to boost the difficulty? It seems like there are a pretty large number of things that must be found for only 15 turns. If everyone makes it out in the truck, it is basically "escape in the truck," but with 1 extra gas needed and no extra cards to help move the scenario along. I guess I would have to play it to be able to say for sure, but this one seems like it could be frustrating for search items.
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
this sounds like it would be a lot of fun, but if you get the keys in the first turn or two and decide to leave are you out of the game? or do you get a new hero?... and for the fighting each other maybe they could fight a hero in the same space but instead of getting wounded the winning hero can take an item from the loser. or maybe if they have a weapon like the shovel if they win instead of killing the losing hero is "unconscious" for the next hero turn.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
03-28-2011, 07:36 PM
It's a cool twist, but it doesn't seem like it would be a lot of fun if there is more than one Hero player. If one player's Heroes make it out, then the other keeps playing? It goes against the game's core idea of teamwork.
03-28-2011, 08:18 PM
(03-28-2011 07:36 PM)arveljoffi Wrote:  It goes against the game's core idea of teamwork.

this is true but it also makes it a little more realistic i mean you never know when you might get stabbed in the back to further someone else's cause. i think it adds more suspense and makes room for rivalries and different types of game play, it is a zombie Apocalypse so its every man/women for themselves right :P

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
The killing of the Just what I needed card was exactly for that, slowing down the process of getting keys etc... When I played it took about 9 turns for the first person to make it out. It's one thing to get the keys, but then you need to get there on your own!

Yeah, when you manage to make it out you won the game, but if you find the keys in the first turn you can always try and do this together!

The things with the heroes fighting each other is that it sounds like they are going to have a really tough time getting out! Perhaps reintroducing the Just what I needed card and having them steal each others' items could work? I'd have to give it a shot, if anyone does, let me know!

*Braaaiiiinnnnns......*