Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Legendary a marvel deck building game!
06-27-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Legendary a marvel deck building game!
I really like this game, but for some reason I find it really hard to win, yet everyone else I see has said the exact opposite that this game was way too easy..wish I knew what I was doing wrong, I've played other deck building games and have much better success. For those who might not know they just recently put out a new dexpansion called Dark City, it actually contains more cards than this game, adds some new mechanics and rams up the difficulty.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2013, 04:21 PM
This game is okay, but theres too many negatives point, even with dark city (expansion) I dont
like. Its take forever and a day to setup. The game play it self is ok, but when playing with some
people who dont understand the co-op part of the game, it makes the ga,e extremely difficult.
finding everything to setup is a pain, bc the dividers are not labeled or tabbed, witch goes into
my last complaint is the clean up is an even bigger pain in the ass than setup, bc you haft to
rifle back through all the cards, to put back in dividers (that arnt tabbed), to be ready the next
time you play.

Although this is an ok fun game while playing, DC deck building game towers above this game
in every way. I am not saying that bc I like dc better, bc i dont, im a Marvel Man all the way
through. That being said, DC is really a far more fun game to play, and its expansion should be
released sometime around dark city expansion

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
06-29-2013, 06:07 PM
On international board game day I demo'd this and DC Deck Builder. I went home with DC, it was easier to set up and more enjoyable all together. I would have to say, and I only played Marvel a few times so I'm not sure if its similar, but the game system for DC seems like you could interchange the theme with anything, it's a real generic system. It's a good time filler pretty much.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2013, 10:45 PM
(06-29-2013 04:21 PM)Pred Wrote:  This game is okay, but theres too many negatives point, even with dark city (expansion) I dont
like. Its take forever and a day to setup. The game play it self is ok, but when playing with some
people who dont understand the co-op part of the game, it makes the ga,e extremely difficult.
finding everything to setup is a pain, bc the dividers are not labeled or tabbed, witch goes into
my last complaint is the clean up is an even bigger pain in the ass than setup, bc you haft to
rifle back through all the cards, to put back in dividers (that arnt tabbed), to be ready the next
time you play.

Although this is an ok fun game while playing, DC deck building game towers above this game
in every way. I am not saying that bc I like dc better, bc i dont, im a Marvel Man all the way
through. That being said, DC is really a far more fun game to play, and its expansion should be
released sometime around dark city expansion

I agree 1000%, if you play marvel with someone who isn't enlightened with the co-op aspect the deck building can be crazy hard and trying to stop the supervilain almost impossible. I applaud them for trying a different spin on deck building, and those looking for a good chalkenge this game could be for you.

The DC game is really fun, I am sad I do not have the Martian Manhunter pre-order card, and I am realy looking forward to the expansion, it's just a quicker game overall, setting up, tearing down, playing the gae flows a little smoother.

Another one I own is the Lord of The Rings deck building game, I find that one to be pretty fun as well, the ambush mechanic is something I am hoping they institute in the DC expansion.
06-30-2013, 11:11 AM
The LoTR one is that deck building or the living card game?
06-30-2013, 10:02 PM
I really like legendary and enjoy playing.
And the set up is fast, and you can letter the dividers by your own.
It is something new, vs and coop in one, so please don't blame the game for players who do not get the game during the first matches ;-)
The inlay is big enough for sleeved cards.
2 issues of course, the thin cards, without sleeves, I guess, they are not durable and to assort the cards after end, especially the villain cards, the rest is easy cause of the similar pictures.
Big + and - in once, the varities of card combinations, some are great and some of course not, and this is a little bit try and error :-/ but you need to play many games, to play the same set up again.

I'm just a dreaming zombie...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2013, 08:46 AM
(06-30-2013 11:11 AM)alderdust Wrote:  The LoTR one is that deck building or the living card game?

The same people who released the DC deck building game put out a LoTR deck building game as well, the new expansion comes out in august which covers the second movie.
07-01-2013, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 12:35 PM by alderdust.)
(07-01-2013 08:46 AM)SoCalRMD Wrote:  
(06-30-2013 11:11 AM)alderdust Wrote:  The LoTR one is that deck building or the living card game?

The same people who released the DC deck building game put out a LoTR deck building game as well, the new expansion comes out in august which covers the second movie.

Cool ill have to check that one out. Do you prefer the LoTR one better than DC? Are they coop as well or just solo victory ?
07-20-2013, 01:19 PM
I played this at my local game shop and got hooked. Bought it that night and have played two more games: one solo and one with 4 ppl. It's cool to see all the popular heroes and villains fight one another: X men, Avengers, etc! Plus the cards act like their character. For example, Rogue takes on the powers of heroes around her, Hulk does major damage but also damages other heroes, capt America works best when leading other cards. Plus it has a way to make it more or less difficult based on the evil mastermind you chose and the scheme.
Board game geek has some tabs to help organization, but it is still a chore to put away. To me it's worth it. This is like Dominion with a mission and battles. Love it!