Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leveling up
02-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Leveling up
I had an idea I wanted to run by all you experts.
To start, I love the idea of leveling up. Maybe it's the video game lover in me, but there is something almost addicting to leveling up the character. Thus, I really like the new leveling concept introduced by LNOE. My idea is what about a level zero? It would show a picture of the Hero being scared/hiding/injured and then for abilities there would just be two.

1. Scared - The Hero may not use any projectile weapon
2. They can be killed - The Hero will level up to their regular card/abilities if a zombie is killed on the space occupied by that Hero.

The Hero doesn't need to kill the zombie by themselves. They can either help, or someone else can kill the zombie. They just need to be on that space (or maybe even an adjacent space). There are a few potential advantages.
1. For role players, it emersis one more. You come to realize fighting zombies is not hopeless.
2. For those looking for team work, it adds cooperative play at the beginning of the game.
3. For everyone else, it adds another possible dimension.

Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 04:57 AM
RE: Leveling up
Sounds interesting. Although, would this apply to the sheriff too?

I do hate it when multiple guns are found during the beginning, but it's all random so I can't really complain.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-10-2011, 05:47 AM
RE: Leveling up
It would require some thorough playtesting, mainly because the Scenarios are designed with the Heroes being Heroes from the beginning. But it sounds cool.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.