Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light vs Dark??
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
RE: Light vs Dark??
Grrrr, same for the europeans!!

Look...

[Image: 4779771-9a9]
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
That's crazy that there's such a difference. I checked out my boards and while they are different. They are similar enough that it doesn't even matter. The one thing that I noticed is that the blacks seem to be more gray.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I have the problem my hero card backs being strikingly different. I'm thinking I'll resort to a written list and a roll of the dice to see who gets which.
06-23-2008, 02:24 AM
mqstout Wrote:I have the problem my hero card backs being strikingly different. I'm thinking I'll resort to a written list and a roll of the dice to see who gets which.

What my girlfriend and I have come up with for initial Hero selection is the Zombie player shuffles the cards into 2 piles of 6 and then the Hero rolls 2D6 for each pile, re-rolling any doubles of course that seems to do the job.
Find all posts by this user
06-23-2008, 05:23 AM
zombie67 Wrote:
mqstout Wrote:I have the problem my hero card backs being strikingly different. I'm thinking I'll resort to a written list and a roll of the dice to see who gets which.

What my girlfriend and I have come up with for initial Hero selection is the Zombie player shuffles the cards into 2 piles of 6 and then the Hero rolls 2D6 for each pile, re-rolling any doubles of course that seems to do the job.

The lighter boards don't bother me at all since I chalk it up to more street lights and well look at the size of the supermarket! You cannot tell me that thing would not be lit up and attracting zombies like moths! Also it doesn't bother me since I began building a 3D version of the game. It is coming along. I figure I will build all the buildings and then go back and add all the "dressing" to the interiors. I will post some pics as I complete the buildings.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
06-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:Also it doesn't bother me since I began building a 3D version of the game. It is coming along. I figure I will build all the buildings and then go back and add all the "dressing" to the interiors. I will post some pics as I complete the buildings.

WOW !! :cool:

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2008 07:41 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
Emp Wrote:
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:Also it doesn't bother me since I began building a 3D version of the game. It is coming along. I figure I will build all the buildings and then go back and add all the "dressing" to the interiors. I will post some pics as I complete the buildings.

WOW !! :cool:

Yeah I thought about this for quite sometime and just decided to go for it. So all I can say is a lot of manhours being put into this thing. So far I have the Police Station, Graveyard, Church, Hanger and the diner put together. They just need some stuff inside. Hoping this week to finish up the Barn/Cornfield,Farmhouse, Hospital, and Highschool.

Then I can get the buildings for the other 4 L shaped boards done. I think it is coming along rather well. I didn't want them too polished and clean since I wanted a rather Ed Wood, B-Movie theme to keep within the feel of the game. Maybe later tonight I will take some pics of PROJECT WOODINVALE for folks to take a look.

06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
What are you building them from??

I really want to do a Shopping Mall for LNOE.

Worldworks ( http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/ ) have one in the pipeline, so I am hanging on to see what they produce.
06-24-2008, 01:15 AM
zombie67 Wrote:What are you building them from??

I really want to do a Shopping Mall for LNOE.

Worldworks ( http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/ ) have one in the pipeline, so I am hanging on to see what they produce.

Actually a bit of mixed media and they are all scratch built. Some of the smaller buildings are made of balsa wood where as some of the larger buildings are made with cardboard so I can get more of a feeling of height and that there are more floors in the building without having to build them. I use cardboard for the bases and then for those buildings that have steps or stairs I will raise those buildings up on a 1/2 inch base to give the look of a exposed foundation.

I made the full board instead of L shapes with a centre since it allows for the original boards to be drawn a random and then just place the buildings needed on the larger scale version. The board is 4ft x 4ft. centre of town is 8" x 8" squares and the L shaped boards have 4" x 4" squares. So it works out well and as far as the Mansion square is will be built as a separate terrain piece with 4" x 4" squares. and the Mansion built onto that piece.

Once all the buildings are done I will go back and fill them in with all the bits found in the original game boards artwork. I figured as long as the buildings were done we could still play on the scale board and I could work away at the the small bits later.

I will get some pics up soon just to show you some progress in what I am doing. Give you all some idears if you feel inspired to take on the daunting task yourself.

06-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:Actually a bit of mixed media and they are all scratch built. Some of the smaller buildings are made of balsa wood where as some of the larger buildings are made with cardboard so I can get more of a feeling of height and that there are more floors in the building without having to build them. I use cardboard for the bases and then for those buildings that have steps or stairs I will raise those buildings up on a 1/2 inch base to give the look of a exposed foundation.

I made the full board instead of L shapes with a centre since it allows for the original boards to be drawn a random and then just place the buildings needed on the larger scale version. The board is 4ft x 4ft. centre of town is 8" x 8" squares and the L shaped boards have 4" x 4" squares. So it works out well and as far as the Mansion square is will be built as a separate terrain piece with 4" x 4" squares. and the Mansion built onto that piece.

Once all the buildings are done I will go back and fill them in with all the bits found in the original game boards artwork. I figured as long as the buildings were done we could still play on the scale board and I could work away at the the small bits later.

I will get some pics up soon just to show you some progress in what I am doing. Give you all some idears if you feel inspired to take on the daunting task yourself.

Good luck with it all CP!

I think a few work in progress shot would be could and you could update them until we get the finished article!

You are now making me think could I do something similar, with a large off-cut of wood I have got...hmmm, may get back on this one!