Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lights Out x 2
05-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Lights Out x 2
Playing TP I rolled for Lights Out on a randon building. The identified building already had Lights Out so I placed the new Spawn Pit and zombies from the pool on each empty space as per the card anyway.

But should I have re-rolled for a different randon building instead?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Lights Out x 2
Hi

re-roll

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
05-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I agree with Princess Jacquelyn Von Necropolis re-roll

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I would agree. If a building has already been the victim of "Lights Out" then I would say you re-roll. Doesn't make much sense to cut the power to a building where the power is already out. LOL!
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm at work so forgive me if I'm incorrect, but Lights Out has nothing to do with a spawning pit or placing zombies into the building, correct? I'm pretty sure Taken Over places zombies and another card adds the pit. I'm just confused why a second Lights Out card on a building would enable the placing of zombies and a pit?
05-16-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 09:45 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
(05-16-2013 09:11 PM)sgiove Wrote:  I'm at work so forgive me if I'm incorrect, but Lights Out has nothing to do with a spawning pit or placing zombies into the building, correct? I'm pretty sure Taken Over places zombies and another card adds the pit. I'm just confused why a second Lights Out card on a building would enable the placing of zombies and a pit?

In Timber Peak you have two "Don't Go In the..." cards that read:

"Roll a Random Building and place a Lights Out marker on it as well as a New Spawning Pit.
Place a Zombie from the Zombie Pool in each empty space of this building. These Zombies may not move this turn.
Remains In Play"

(05-16-2013 09:03 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Yeah, I would agree. If a building has already been the victim of "Lights Out" then I would say you re-roll. Doesn't make much sense to cut the power to a building where the power is already out. LOL!

Obvioulsy, but the "Don't Go In the..." card also places a new spawning pit and Zombies - so there was something extra to do for a building which already had Lights Out played on it.
05-16-2013, 11:19 PM
I would re roll to make sure the zombie player got the full effects of the card played
05-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Yeah anytime a building is chosen randomly for an identical effect you should reroll..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd go for the re-roll too........keeping very much in theme with the worsening of the situation and the spread of the evil upon the earth.....(follow with evil chuckle)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Hmmm...I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Since this is technically not an identical effect (because of the addition of the extra zombies and spawning pit), I might rule that this card can be played for the added effects. I don't feel you can "double down" on the lights out, but I don't see why the added effects couldn't be added.

Not that I absolutely disagree with others' opinions, but I'm not entirely sure a building should be "immune" to the catastrophy of events described on this card just because the lights are already off. Think of it this way, if I was a hero already located in a building with the Lights Out, should I feel "safe" knowing that a card like this can't be played on my building? If I'm already near a door and freely searching that building without any zombies close by, should I NOT work on getting the lights on in order to effectively "protect" myself from these other cards?

Just because a bad situation is currently happening, I'm not sure I feel ok with not allowing "bad" to become "worse". How does that fit the theme?

Again, just playing devil's advocate. I honestly think I'd rule that the added effects can happen.