Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
05-19-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
Never really thought about the picture composition on the cards - but maybe there is some reason for them. Hope so, as it brings us into the story just as effectively as the game produces strories. Thumbs up to FFP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Along these same lines, I think Argot Blackwell may be an ancestor of the Winchesters...
05-20-2013, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 10:33 PM by MoonSylver.)
(05-19-2013 07:44 AM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 11:40 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Has anyone else looked at the photographs that Liliana appears in? It's interesting to note that when she appears with another character, that character often seems unaware of her presence (back turned, looking another direction, etc.)

Now I'm turning my thoughts to other characters who may be more than they seem- heroes with the 'strange' keyword come to mind.

I've already put forth my personal theories about Heinrich Cartwright. Adrianna the foreign traveler is interesting, and there may be something there as well.

This is awesome- I'd never have figured this out (if it's true) I love that there are mysteries within the game.

Jason is the one that dropped the hint. Combine that with all the clues in this thread & it seems pretty conclusive. If we take it as a given that ONE of the heroes is a ghost for certain, she seems like the only likely canidate, especially with the evidence as presented. Watchmen02

(05-19-2013 07:44 AM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  Liliana appears on the Mystery card "Haunted Ground"...that's probably a huge hint. She's also pictured on the Event card "A Painful Truth". Wonder what that "painful truth" could be, hmmm...

Given that Cartwright seems to be the one delivering the "painful truth", my theory is that he knew her from "before" & tells her the truth, that she's a Ghost.

Now, here are some OTHER mysteries of Liliana that have NOT been solved:

What kind of ghost is she? 1) Visable or Invisable? Heard or Unheard? 2) Solid or Intangible?

Here's my thinking:

1)while all the cards she appears in seem to indicate that none of the other heroes can see her, it seems like it would be hard for her to gain Allies or "interact" with the town if she couldn't be seen & heard. Unless she "imagines" her interactions & really is just following them around, listening in on conversations, etc (kinda like in "The 6th Sense" for example)

2) I would imagine that she is solid, or else there wouldn't be a way for her to gain/use Items. Her mini even shows her wielding a blade & book (unless, again, it's her way of coping & she pictures herself "using" these items, while in reality it's ghostly powers throwing objects & such).

My conclusion? After thinking about it quite a bit I think I'm picturing her & may play her kind of like Brandon Lee in "The Crow", Visible & tangable, seen, heard, & felt. Not readily distinguishable from the living. Sort of a "Ghost who walks" if you will. Otherwise it presents a lot of logistical problems on how she "interacts" with the game if you will.

The other option would be to think of her in terms of other cinematic ghosts, like the aforementioned, or sort of like "The Others" to site another one. Ghosts who don't know they're ghosts & delude themselves in order to perpetuate the illusion that they are still alive, people see & hear them, etc.

(05-20-2013 08:14 PM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  Along these same lines, I think Argot Blackwell may be an ancestor of the Winchesters...

As in the inventors of the Winchester rifle? How so?
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-21-2013, 06:44 AM
True story- The heir to the winchester fortune believed she was being contacted by the spirits of all those who had lost their lives to gunfire from winchester rifles. She believed that they instructed her to build a house for their spirits to reside in, so she comissioned a house built according to bizzare specifications received from beyond the grave.

'The winchester house' as it is called, still stands. It has bizzare, escheresque features, such as hallways that lead nowhere, doors that open to walls or empty space on the second or third story, rooms build sideways or upside down, and spiral staircases that lead up directly into ceilings.
05-21-2013, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 10:36 PM by MoonSylver.)
(05-21-2013 06:44 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  True story- The heir to the winchester fortune believed she was being contacted by the spirits of all those who had lost their lives to gunfire from winchester rifles. She believed that they instructed her to build a house for their spirits to reside in, so she comissioned a house built according to bizzare specifications received from beyond the grave.

'The winchester house' as it is called, still stands. It has bizzare, escheresque features, such as hallways that lead nowhere, doors that open to walls or empty space on the second or third story, rooms build sideways or upside down, and spiral staircases that lead up directly into ceilings.

Well, yeah...IIRC Sarah Winchester got into spiritualism after her husband & one (or more?) of the kids all died in quick sucession. One of the psychics she favored told her she was under a curse from the spirits of all of those killed by Winchester firearms, at that she would be next when the construction was completed on the house, hence the relentless building 24/7/365.

All of that still doesn't explain the connection to Argot Blackwell...:confused:
---MS Watchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't have it in front of me right now...but the Ghost can use items, but not share them with other players. I think this is some sort of 'ecto' manifestation....like Green Lantern's ring (whatageek!). She envisions an object and manifests it. That also explains her other abilities - spirit combat and a boost when she connects in a Fight.

I think:
--She is a character that is unaware of her ghostly nature (though it is at times obvious, people can ignore the truth in a form of self-defense).
--She can interact with others, but not always.... When she does, it is nearly normal, but there are times when she is present and none detect her. Though a frustrating and frighteningly confusing event for her, she somehow accepts this weird happenstance as her new normal...but she doesn't like it or want to dwell on it. Denial.
--She uses her willpower and anger at hunting the slaughterer of the Lost Colony (her home) to empower her manifestations. She manifests spectral items that are similar to ones she encounters in this world. She also can manifest a physical threat through her spirit and willpower and when she suceeds, she can build on it like amping up the feedback of a microphone/speaker set.

05-22-2013, 05:55 PM
(05-22-2013 12:37 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  I don't have it in front of me right now...but the Ghost can use items, but not share them with other players. I think this is some sort of 'ecto' manifestation....like Green Lantern's ring (whatageek!). She envisions an object and manifests it. That also explains her other abilities - spirit combat and a boost when she connects in a Fight.

I think:
--She is a character that is unaware of her ghostly nature (though it is at times obvious, people can ignore the truth in a form of self-defense).
--She can interact with others, but not always.... When she does, it is nearly normal, but there are times when she is present and none detect her. Though a frustrating and frighteningly confusing event for her, she somehow accepts this weird happenstance as her new normal...but she doesn't like it or want to dwell on it. Denial.
--She uses her willpower and anger at hunting the slaughterer of the Lost Colony (her home) to empower her manifestations. She manifests spectral items that are similar to ones she encounters in this world. She also can manifest a physical threat through her spirit and willpower and when she suceeds, she can build on it like amping up the feedback of a microphone/speaker set.

The Wiki is your friend Zombie03 :

Quote:Loss Of Faith

May not exchange Items or Allies with other Heroes. Training Spirit at the Church requires an Honor 6+ test for her.

Makes sense. Fantastic explanation! I think you've nailed it. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

05-23-2013, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2013 08:05 AM by Fake Ghost Pirate.)
I was thinking Argot was a fore-runner of Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural. An early "Hunter" who kills monsters in Colonial America.

Once he gets some momentum going he's super powerful, but he basically has to start killing minions or else he just flounders around the board...

BTW had an awesome solo game with Liliana and Inspector Cooke vs the Siren. As soon as Cooke got KO'd in the Showdown, Liliana attacked with a vengeance doing a whopping 10 hits! 5 Hits plus 5 extra from her ability, decimating the Siren. I imagine she revealed her true nature when no one was there to see it except for Lord Hanbrook- but he had "A Secret Madness" so no one would believe him anyway.

Insp Cooke would awaken to find Siren remains all over the beach, just in time to see Liliana fade away into the mist...
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
(05-23-2013 08:00 AM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  I was thinking Argot was a fore-runner of Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural. An early "Hunter" who kills monsters in Colonial America.

Once he gets some momentum going he's super powerful, but he basically has to start killing minions or else he just flounders around the board...

BTW had an awesome solo game with Liliana and Inspector Cooke vs the Siren. As soon as Cooke got KO'd in the Showdown, Liliana attacked with a vengeance doing a whopping 10 hits! 5 Hits plus 5 extra from her ability, decimating the Siren. I imagine she revealed her true nature when no one was there to see it except for Lord Hanbrook- but he had "A Secret Madness" so no one would believe him anyway.

Insp Cooke would awaken to find Siren remains all over the beach, just in time to see Liliana fade away into the mist...

Ah, I see. Watchmen02 Sadly, I don't get to watch much TV & have never caught "Supernatural", thus my confusion. Watchmen02

Awesome recap btw. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

05-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Wink RE: Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
Same here. I've never seen supernatural, so that yarn about the winchester house was my stab at guessing what the heck you were talking about. Zombie17