Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liliana vs. the Dreamweaver's Dream Attack
05-08-2016, 04:26 AM
Liliana vs. the Dreamweaver's Dream Attack
Liliana's Spirited ability reads "Always uses Spirit in a Fight."

The Dreamweaver's Queen of Nightmares ability reads "During a Dream Attack, the Hero is confronted by their worst fears. The Hero must use their lowest Skill to fight with."

Does must override always?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2016, 07:02 AM
RE: Liliana vs. the Dreamweaver's Dream Attack
I don't know if this is clarified officially. We've always played that villain abilities trump those of the Heroes in order to keep the game as challenging as possible. Thematically in your example it's the Dream Weaver fighting Liliana in her own dimension (since Liliana is a ghost), so Dream Weaver dictates the fight even though Liliana would always use Spirit in our dimension.

But with that said you can play it how you like since the wording of both abilities can be interpreted to trump the other.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-08-2016, 03:16 PM
I agree with ATOEtalGeek (Great name by the way). I don't think there's anything official, but I prefer Villian abilities trump character abilities.

I play this game Co-Op only, though, so having balanced characters isn't really a factor.
05-10-2016, 02:05 AM
Thank you. That is what I assumed as well.

While looking up how to play the Sunken Seven, I found this on page 13 of the Coast rules.

Queen of Nightmares
During a Dream Attach the Hero must use their lowest Skill to Fight with. Because this attack is within their mind, the Hero may NOT use any Skill other than their lowest (even if an Item or ability would normally let them, or even force them to use a different Skill).
05-10-2016, 03:31 AM
(05-10-2016 02:05 AM)August700212 Wrote:  Queen of Nightmares
During a Dream Attach the Hero must use their lowest Skill to Fight with. Because this attack is within their mind, the Hero may NOT use any Skill other than their lowest (even if an Item or ability would normally let them, or even force them to use a different Skill).

Perfect! Good find! I knew we knew it for a reason Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...