Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lnoe rpg
09-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Lnoe rpg
so ive been thinking about lnoe what i like about it, love about it and dislike about it. i couldnt think of any thing wrong with it aside from the game being to short and a story that isnt longer lasting, and not being able to make your own characters (yes i know you can but you know what i mean). ya sure its fun to have a quick game every once and a while. but zombie attack dont just end after you get back to the truck. me and my buds are in the thinking prosses of an rpg d6 system for the game, but it will be a very simple fast rpg. if anyone has some ideas that be awsome. all we know right now is that we want there to be character sheets with stats and skills an such.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
RE: Lnoe rpg
deadrabbit Wrote:so ive been thinking about lnoe what i like about it, love about it and dislike about it. i couldnt think of any thing wrong with it aside from the game being to short and a story that isnt longer lasting, and not being able to make your own characters (yes i know you can but you know what i mean). ya sure its fun to have a quick game every once and a while. but zombie attack dont just end after you get back to the truck. me and my buds are in the thinking prosses of an rpg d6 system for the game, but it will be a very simple fast rpg. if anyone has some ideas that be awsome. all we know right now is that we want there to be character sheets with stats and skills an such.

Gonna need some kind of skill progression as well. Buy skill upgrades, like win on ties, extra movement or whatever. Have stock players then get xp for howmany zombies you kill or objectives you reach. Or even haveing a campaign system where if your character dies at the end of a game then roll on a chart to see what actually happened. From flesh wound (no effect) to damaged lungs (-1 wound) to eye gouged out -1 combat, leg wound -1 move or whatever!

The nice thing about this idea is the mount of detail you can add.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
That would be kind of cool. Killing a zed nets X experience points. Skill progression would be awesome... maybe start with different empty slots that can be filled with various extra skills... and have professions where you start with a certain amount of skills... this would take some work though.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
09-29-2008, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2008 06:46 PM by LSD.)
Just play All Flesh Must Be Eaten, you could easily create a LNOE campaign with the unisystem framework.

The Best Zombie RPG Ever!!!
09-30-2008, 01:55 AM
LSD Wrote:Just play All Flesh Must Be Eaten, you could easily create a LNOE campaign with the unisystem framework.

ya this was something i was thinking about, the game is cool but i kinda want to mix a board game with a rpg, fast and simple. afmbe is reallly awesome thow.

umm i dont know why i posted this topic so soon, im currently in a project right now. making new cards for lnoe which i should have up on the site by the end of the week and im working on a world of darkness mod after the Stephen king book the dark tower. but right after that im jumping right on this.
09-30-2008, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 02:14 AM by Canadian Pittbull.)
LSD Wrote:Just play All Flesh Must Be Eaten, you could easily create a LNOE campaign with the unisystem framework.

Yes I would agree as I too have been playing the shit out of this game for years now! ALL FLESH MUST BE EATEN is the Mother of all Zombie RPG's and if your a zombie fan and are a rp'er and don't own this you make the baby Jesus cry and need to do yourself a favour and PICK THIS GAME UP NOW! Also make sure to pick up Terra Primate (also by Eden Studios) as it is an amazing game as well. :P

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
I would like to "flesh out" my idea for a hybrid ccg/rpg zombie Horror card game I have, could use some manpower I don't have though.
09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
LSD Wrote:I would like to "flesh out" my idea for a hybrid ccg/rpg zombie Horror card game I have, could use some manpower I don't have though.
do it
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 12:35 PM by Sarku.)
LSD, if it's cool, I'd help. I don't know how much help I'd be though.
I designed a card game. I have the cards made and printed out. The game mechanics are being (slowly) scribed into InDesign. It's tough. Especially when you get to play testing and it plays like crap and you have to tweak and tweak and tweak...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
if any of you have played munchkin ive made a zombie version of that.