Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Locked Doors in Wilderness Locations from BitF
01-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Locked Doors in Wilderness Locations from BitF
So in Blood in the Forest we have some new wilderness locations on the forest boards that only take up one space each. In the rules it states that any side of the building may be considered both a door AND a wall, so that essentially any of these buildings may be entered into from any adjacent space. The rules even specify that you can enter into them DIAGONALLY.

Shortly thereafter the rules state that the zombie player(s) may use locked doors on these buildings as normal, but how on earth would this work?

Because all adjacent spaces, even the diagonal ones, can be counted as entrances, some of these buildings have like 6 "doors" that the heroes can use to enter and exit. So to effectively keep them from going in or coming out, does that mean that a zombie player would have to play SIX locked doors? Including on the corners? Sure it will still stop a player in their tracks the first time you play it, but this almost makes it seem completely useless to waste a good locked door card on the wilderness locations.

Just wondering if anyone else had a different interpretation of the rules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Locked Doors in Wilderness Locations from BitF
The spaces are regarded as a building with one door / wall. So one Locked Door token blocks all sides / the whole square - you don't need one token per side.

Hope this helps.
01-25-2014, 11:21 PM
that's how i would play it. 1 card block that entire space.
02-13-2014, 03:28 AM
Since a locked door ends the hero movement anyway, I am not sure it matters
02-14-2014, 04:50 AM
(02-13-2014 03:28 AM)OneZombieGamer Wrote:  Since a locked door ends the hero movement anyway, I am not sure it matters

I would agree, the rules FAQ state that a locked door stops a hero's movement but it is assumed they are able to break it open meaning the next character would enter the building fine through the same space anyway. Also you don't need to use 6 locked doors, you just wait until the moment that hero is entering the building before playing the card so they can't plan to bypass it.
02-14-2014, 12:15 PM
(02-13-2014 03:28 AM)OneZombieGamer Wrote:  Since a locked door ends the hero movement anyway, I am not sure it matters

That's a good point - because a locked door is instantaneous, right? It doesn't remain in play. So the door would not be locked for the next Hero going through the same space. It just bars the one Hero going through.

But does it stop his move? If he has move remaining can he not use it?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-14-2014, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 07:04 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
No he can't move any more. Locked Door = immediate end of movement phase.
02-14-2014, 07:20 PM
i guess if he was going in, he wastes the rest of his move jiggling the knob and pushing ont the door to see if it is merely stuck,

makes sense