Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Locked doors & infinite zombie spwans
09-27-2011, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2011 02:55 AM by Jables.)
Locked doors & infinite zombie spwans
How do people play these? The official word is that they are only in affect for the current player's movement but my friends and I like to keep them in play all the time otherwise we think the keys item is kinds pointless unless they are needed for a scenario item.

Thoughts?

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2011, 03:43 AM
RE: Locked doors.
They're a single event, for that turn. It's easy to house rule that they stay until keys, but then they go from a merely okay card to an extremely powerful card. Keys' other ability replaces them for free, so there's no harm in carrying them until you decide you're not going to be going through doors any time soon.

Seriously, Locked Doors has taken me to the win (as a zombie) many times, by preventing the heroes from getting inside a building at a critical moment. Delaying them even that one turn... Remember, it ends their movement. If they try to go into a building, it ends their movement as they try the knob/beat down the door for next turn. No redirecting their movement!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2011, 02:55 AM
RE: Locked doors.
We also play the house rule that the Zombie player can spawn new zombies each time depended on a D6 roll. Same as in the Defend the Manor game. We do this because we find the Heroes are too over powered normally and this evens it up a bit more for the Zombie player.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
RE: Locked doors & infinite zombie spwans
growing hunger expansion includes, making lock doors remain in play. like the dot system you trade off. by giving the hero u dors to place on the board. lock dors b ten becomes remains in play.
i have house rules a lcked doo stays locked until keys,fire ax...etc. ifound it is to powerful and canceled that idea.

Princess Jacquelyn of Necropois 'Feed me your flesh'
09-28-2011, 02:44 PM
(09-28-2011 12:45 PM)PJ Mobile Wrote:  growing hunger expansion includes, making lock doors remain in play. like the dot system you trade off. by giving the hero u dors to place on the board. lock dors b ten becomes remains in play.
i have house rules a lcked doo stays locked until keys,fire ax...etc. ifound it is to powerful and canceled that idea.

Silly texter, learn how to type Zombie13

The Growing Hunger expansion includes making lock doors a Remains In Play. Like the dot system, its a trdae off. By Giving the Heroes 2 doors to place on the board. Lock doors become Remains in play, until keys, fire ax...etc.

I found that it is to powerful to House Rule it. So i canceled that concept. Now, for me to trade off, adding 2 doors, is subject to senario and board lay out. I find, as a zombie player. I can still jam Heroes up, even if its just, 1 hero and 1 turn.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
I hate Locked Door cards lots and lots. I have yet to play where the door remains locked until keys or axe or whatever are found. But even for just that one turn, it seems like it is always played at a crucial time... Of course, my regular Zombie Player is RELENTLESS, so every turn feels crucial...

I seem to get hit with the Let's Split Up and Locked Door combo a lot. Basically, an auto wound to the first Hero that tries to leave the building.
09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
munkymuddface wrote

"I seem to get hit with the Let's Split Up and Locked Door combo a lot. Basically, an auto wound to the first Hero that tries to leave the building."

As a Zombie player I say, "hmm, imagine that, hows that happen ?"

Insane20Watchmen02Insane21Zombie13

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-28-2011, 07:07 PM
(09-28-2011 04:27 PM)PJON Wrote:  As a Zombie player I say, "hmm, imagine that, hows that happen ?"

Insane20Watchmen02Insane21Zombie13

Don't get me wrong, it is a great combo that is very effective. However, my ZP is relentless and FULLY understands the strategy of ripping through as many cards as possible. He is not one to sit on cards long, especially either of these two just to pull off the combo. Having all the expansions but the Advanced Abilities the Zombie deck is quite large, so it seems to me that it should be harder to get those cards in hand at the same time. I can't imagine there is more that 1 or 2 Let's Split Up, but maybe there are more Locked Doors than I realize...
09-28-2011, 10:23 PM
I haven't played Growing Hunger so I'm unsure what this dot system is that you're referring to.

09-28-2011, 11:38 PM
(09-28-2011 10:23 PM)Jables Wrote:  I haven't played Growing Hunger so I'm unsure what this dot system is that you're referring to.

The "Dot System" introduced in Growing Hunger is like a point system for adding supplemental rules. So if a hero gets a +1 dot rule in his favor, the zombie also needs a +1 dot to compensate and keep balance in the game.

Not sure why dots were chosen, could have just as easily been brains. Zombie24