Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking ahead 2018 (Gamewise)
01-01-2018, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 02:29 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Looking ahead 2018 (Gamewise)
Happy New Year All Watchmen02

So rather than Resolutions (which we'll break within the week)
I thought it would be interesting to check our what we're
thinking of doing Hobbywise for the coming year.

I have several things in the works:

Games I'm buying

- Zombicide Green Horde & some KS Exclusives
-The soon to be released Eldritch Horror Expansion
-Any AToE Expansion FFP may release (Hope-Hope)

Game Projects- I'll be working on a "conversion" of
the Green Horde Game to a Massive Darkness Game
rules set. I passed on the KS as I didn't see much to
offer beyond what I had in Black Plague.

However now I've figured out a way to use the Tiles
& figs as an expansion for Massive Darkness (I had a
friend on BGG piggyback his Pledge with the Massive
Darkness conversion Cards for me).

For the last several months I've take the CMoN
Black Plague & Massive Darkness and placed
them in the Midnight RPG World.So I'll be doing
the same for Green Horde.

Painting Projects

-The Massive Darkness figs
-The Green Horde Figs
-The Blood Rage Figs
-The Backlog ( I can dream can't I)- SoB wave2,Gears of
War figs,AWI-6mm Figs.

This should keep me occupied for the year and of course
I'm even getting to play a few games.

So anyone else have similar plans for 2018?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Looking ahead 2018 (Gamewise)
I plan to:
- Work on my Army of Darkness/Evil Dead expansion for LNoE
- Get AToE to the table at least once.
- Reprint my Shaun of the Dead expansion boards (I printed them 0.5" too small, so they don't join with base board :/
01-03-2018, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 05:18 AM by mqstout.)
My looking-forward, games-wise, for 2018:

* Finish all the Time Stories scenarios. We're 4-in, of, I believe, 7. (4 of us.) We do about 1 every other month (scheduling concerns).
* Finish Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Rise and Skulls are done, and we're almost done with Wrath. Already have Mummy ready. (Mostly just me and my husband.) An adventure path takes us about 8 months (we play it in between other games).
* Keep playing Gloomhaven with my hubby and our friend. DAMN THAT GAME IS GOOD! This could go into 2019; there's seemingly a lot of content.
* 7th Continent should be arriving. I'm anxious to play it.
* LNOE HP2, if it ever hits retail. And whatever they'll release for their other (non-SOB) games, if any.
* Keep playing Terraforming Mars with anyone who will play it with me! It's a spectacular game!
* The big one: I just finished a long (nearly 3 years) Pathfinder campaign that I GM. I'm looking forward to a little downtime before I pick up GMing again.

What's going to be disappointing in 2018:
* I had just gotten into Sentinels of the Multiverse when its Kickstarter for the last ("It'll be the last we do!") of it and all its accessories/etc hit. I bought in. I don't like the game really anymore... The difficulty/curve just doesn't work with the variance for me.
* I think I'll finally give up buying anything Magic the Gathering after Rivals of Ixalon (this month). We don't really play any more and I'm not fond of the direction the game has taken... especially when pretty much every other game on the market now has given up randomized acquisition. (My favorite format to play was always "block constructed", and they're getting rid of the concept of "block"s.)
* 2017 was probably my last GenCon. Now that my friends who used to live there have been away 2 full years, it's awkward to arrange couch-surfing.

Probably won't afford it wishlist:
* I've always wanted to dive into the Arkham Horror LCG and/or Elder Sign [the card-based board-game-style mythos game]. I'm not a big fan of the mythos, but these might do it in ways I like.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2018, 04:58 PM
New Years resolution is to board game once a week. There are a couple of gaming groups in my area that I haven't been taking advantage of.

A couple of kickstarter games will be heading my way soon including:

GIGA-ROBO: Giant robot combat in a cityscape setting. It will hopefully fill the void from my Monsterpocalypse fix.

MASTERS OF THE DEEP: A board game, war game, and future RPG set in the ocean deep. Four factions including the ruling Nautilus, the invading Cog, the Low Clan rebellion, and the awakening Ancients fight and struggle for land and resources.

VAMPIRE HUNTERS: Heroquest style dungeon crawl as a band of hunters track down and kill various vampire lords and their minions.

I'm already scheduled to demo one of my favorite "go to" games when my group can't decide for International tabletop day. SLAUGHTERBALL is a futuristic cybertech noir where up to 4 teams face off in the pit. Points are designated by either scoring goals or injuring the competition.