Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking to Buy Grave weapon Cards
01-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Looking to Buy Grave weapon Cards
Hi there everybody. I am Trying to increase my Zombie Experience by buying the Grave weapons Miniatures and hopefully all the grave weapon cards. But the set only comes with two grave weapons cards, the Crawling torso.

I do not want to purchase the survival of the fittest just for the Grave weapons cards. I am only really interested expanding my game to include grave weapons only. any help would be extremely grateful. I am looking for the Grave weapon cards please

If all else fails, i will try to make my set with templates, the last night on earth Wiki and with photoshop.

I would like to try and keep everything official.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Looking to Buy Grave weapon Cards
I would recommend SOTF. It has more than just the grave weapons that are worth it. The unique items and survival tactics are good fun (and designed to be used to complement the grave weapons), and the scenarios in it are quite fun. (I'm not a fan of the barricades rules.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:09 AM by Spidey NZ.)
Thanks. I am a fan of keeping everything simple and streamlined. Ill post some images of the grave weapons cards i managed to make
01-03-2012, 05:34 PM
(01-03-2012 09:18 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote:  Thanks. I am a fan of keeping everything simple and streamlined. Ill post some images of the grave weapons cards i managed to make

Hi, well, not to be a total *****. but how do you keep things simple by adding an expansion ? I would like to see the cards/images you make though.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
(01-03-2012 05:34 PM)PJON Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 09:18 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote:  Thanks. I am a fan of keeping everything simple and streamlined. Ill post some images of the grave weapons cards i managed to make

Hi, well, not to be a total *****. but how do you keep things simple by adding an expansion ? I would like to see the cards/images you make though.

that's definitely a fair point. We have invented some simple house rules. and i feel the growing hunger and miniature add ons, have not really altered the play style too much. it's the sewer systems, two new extra decks (unique) (survival tactics) barricades i am trying to avoid. I feel i almost have a good balance.

I added a external link to my cards, i deleted my last post because i think it was in violation. Again let me know if i am still breaking any rules. they are just the regular grave weapons cards. I just made them myself to avoid buying the bigger expansion

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Ch...custom.png
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi Spidey, Im a major fan of your Old Pitchfork Card :p

See...the thing, i feel might be important. SOTF is a complete or balanced set. A barbed wire zombie is very feirce, so is an Antique Revolver or Duct Tape. A sewer system might be the exact thing you need to run away from a Crawling Torso.

I would love to of just added Grave Weapons, but the Hero would cry....well maybe cry. Die for sure though.

Well, im still interested in your art work.

Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I will second PJON's assertion on the SOTF set, You really cant add one part without the balance factor of the other cards. By doing so you would possibly create really unbalanced encounters where grave weapons comes into play.

So by just adding in one component without the counter component you tilt the game far in favor of the zombies.

All of the Expac card sets are designed this way to keep things balanced and fun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2012, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 12:49 AM by munkymuddface.)
I also second (or third, or fourth, or whatever we are on now) that Grave Weapons should be played as a set with the Survival decks because they were specifically designed to balance against each other.
Also Spidey, earlier you mentioned the Sewer System as an aspect that you didn't want to introduce into the game. Just as an FYI, the sewers are only used when that specific Survival Tactic is drawn, so if you don't want to deal with them, you could always just remove them from the tactics deck.
01-05-2012, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 01:59 AM by Spidey NZ.)
Thanks for all the responses. I will give the grave weapons a try. We normally have too many friends who want to be heroes, so we always pretty much go over the 4 heroes, and the zombie player compensates. forgive me if this is wrong in understanding the grave weapons.

you spawn the grave weapons them the same way as grave dead? 2:1. If you have two normal zombies, you can spawn either a grave weapon dead (draw and play the grave weapon card.) or a grave dead (red ones)?

The grave weapon card is only around until the said zombie the grave weapon is, is dead? (the sickle miniature represent the zombie with the sickle, when the sickle zombie dies. the sickle grave weapon card is removed)

I was under the impression the zombie player would choose to spawn either a weaponed zombie until it dies, or a grave dead.

all was trying to do was add a little bit of variation to the zombie player, and that doesnt seem like too much of a burden. Like i said. ill give it a test.

thanks again for your responses. (all the artwork in the cards isn't mine, i sourced them from artists i like.)
01-05-2012, 03:30 AM
I feel like I have read that Grave Weapons and Grave Dead should not be mixed, however, I am having trouble finding that in any rulebook, so I may very well be making up rules....

But yeah, grave weapons work similar to Grave Dead with the 2:1 ratio, only you are assigning weapons to existing zombies rather than bringing in new ones with the weapons. Also, weapons cannot be assigned to zombies that are adjacent to a Hero unless the zombie is on a spawning pit....