Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lots 'o Questions
07-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Lots 'o Questions
1) If Hero1 is in a fight can Hero2 use their event cards to help? What if they're in the same space?

2) If Zombie1 gets a TAKEN OVER card what if Zombie1 doesn't have enough zombies in their pool to fill up the entire building? Can you take zombies from Zombie2's pool? Do you take zombies from the board? Could you just not fill up the building?

3) If Hero1 is in the Hospital when a LIGHTS OUT is placed on it, during his next turn can Hero1 SEARCH?

4) If Zombie1 rolls a 4 and Hero1 rolls two 4s, Zombie1 wins and wounds Hero1, correct? The double doesn't matter as Hero1 didn't win?

5) Check this picture out, it's easier if you see what I'm asking... can I move to the yellow spots from this location or just the red ones?
[Image: 14trg48.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2008, 07:54 PM
RE: Lots 'o Questions
I'm going to hazard my guesses/answers...

1) I played it as if they could no matter what. Unless it targeted something specific. Like ammo for a gun or something like that. But I'm not 100% sure.

2) I don't think there's a rule for running out of zombies. I'd take the zombies from #2's pool... or just not fill up the building. I wouldn't remove zombies from the board as they are already in play.

3) I don't think so.

4) You are correct. That screwed me many times... grrr... Zombie03

5) You can move to the yellow spots.

Welcome to the boards!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
1) I to play it that every hero can help, no matter where he/she is on the board. Except the items that obviously need to be handed over, like amo, gasoline, ...

2) We just play if you have no more zombies in your own pool you can't put any more in the building. Not even the nr 2 zombie player's.

3) Nope

4) Correct

5) Yes, you can move.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
1) Originally I didn't like the idea of the Hero players getting help from other Hero players, unless they were in the same space; then I began to think about if there were only 1 player for the entire Hero team, they'd get to use any event for any character, so why not if there are 2 or more players? So I'll agree with you guys.

2) I ran into this problem last night and just took zombies from my teammate's pool, I figured if it was just me controlling the whole zombie group I'd be allowed to do it; however in the rule book it does state "Players may never use Zombies from the other player's pool". So for now I guess I'll just leave the spots in the building empty until I come across a rule.

3) Why not? As far as I can tell the only rule for LIGHTS OUT is if a Hero goes to any spot in the building with LIGHTS OUT, their turn is over. It never says anything about their next turn. If you can't even SEARCH what's the point of going in the building and ending your turn? What would be the difference between LIGHTS OUT and TAKEN OVER then?

4) Great, just making sure so nobody can call me a cheater.

5) Thought so.

EDIT: I have a few new questions to add:
6) Can I use a LIGHTS OUT or TAKEN OVER on a building with a Hero in it?

7) If a Hero goes into a LIGHTS OUT building do they immediate lose their turn on the first square into that building or can they continue into the building stopping mid-way into the building?

8) If I use LIGHTS OUT on a building a Hero is mid-way in, then the Hero wants to move out, do they lose their turn on the first square they touch within that building or can they continue to move out?

9) What if a Hero goes into a LIGHTS OUT building and stops in a spot with a Zombie, do they fight? If the turn is over, then I'd assume not (at least until the Zombies turn).
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
3) There is no point in going into one of those buildings.

6) Yes. Taken Over would suck for the hero.

7) They would lose their turn on the first square as their turn ends immediately.

8) That's a "OOO" question... I think they would be able to move OUT of the building as long as the die roll was high enough. ONLY because the hero isn't moving INTO the building... the hero is moving OUT of the building.

9) I think they wouldn't fight as the hero's turn is over. The zombie would fight the hero on its turn though. So that would kind of stink.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I think I'm going to manipulate the rules for LIGHTS OUT, I would like to see it be different from TAKEN OVER and as it stands I don't think there's much difference; obviously there's a reason why you can still go into a LIGHTS OUT building, the downside is you lose your turn, but what's the upside? I say its because you can still search or even use the Special Area/Pick Ups during your next turn.

I'll probably also include these rules:
* Heroes using weapons on zombies who are in LIGHTS OUT buildings have decreased accuracy (must roll 6, and only 6, to use weapon).
* During a fight in a LIGHTS OUT building the zombie player gets an extra fight dice.
* If you (Hero) start your turn in a LIGHTS OUT building your roll is a D3 instead of a D6.

That way the Hero player may still want to enter the building (to get a weapon or use the special area) however the Zombie team has the advantage.
07-03-2008, 01:37 AM
My answers are as follows:

1) Any Hero Player can play any EVENT card at any time on themselves or any other Hero (unless otherwise restricted, such as "Haunted by the Past" stops Townsfolk events from being played on a particular Hero). ITEM cards such as Ammo, Weapons etc have to be EXCHANGED during the EXCHANGE ITEMS phase and the Heroes need to be in the same square.

2) This question was asked over at BGG and the official answer straight from the horses...well Jason Hill's mouth was:

Quote:"In a 2 Zombie Player game, each player has their own Zombie Pool of 7 models. When a card says 'the Zombie Pool', it refers to your Zombie Pool of 7. You may never place another player's Zombie on the board. Also keep in mind that with "My God, They've Taken the..." the building is always Taken Over even if no new Zombies are placed."

3) LIGHTS OUT only affects movement, it has no effect on Searching whatsoever.

4) In you example the Zombie wounds the Hero, unless it was Johnny who wins on ties (or of course if the Hero has had a card played on him or has a weapon which causes him to win on ties)!

5) Yep, all moves are fine.

6) Yep. In the case of TAKEN OVER the Hero must leave on his next turn. Also, remember that you only place Zombies in EMPTY spaces in the TAKEN OVER building (so not in the Hero's square) and that they do not move or fight this round.

7) + 8) They stop immeadiatley on entering and they can only move 1 square per turn whilst in a LIGHTS OUT building. This is of course ignore if they have a light source such as a Torch or Lighter.

9) The Turn is not over the MOVE ACTION is over, they would still have to fight any Zombies in their square.

Hope these answers help!
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Just to clear up some confusion that there seems to be about LIGHTS OUT, this again is a quote from Jason Hill on BGG:

Quote:1) Lights Out has no effect on searching, it just slows movement.

Also, just to repeat when the LIGHTS OUT card say "immediately ends their move", this refers to the Hero's MOVE ACTION ( Part 1) of a Hero's TURN). He can still do parts 2) to 4) - EXCHANGE ITEM, RANGED ATTACK, FIGHT ZOMBIE.

In case anybody worries about RANGED ATTACKS into a LIGHTS OUT building, I'll again quote Jason Hill:

Quote:Lights Out has NO effect on anything except moving. It is assumed that the Hero can still see enough to fire at Silhouettes and search around in the dark for something useful.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
07-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Looks as though these questions are taken care of. I always arrive late to these discussions when they already work themselves out. Hope all are still enjoying the game! And any other questions are welcomed I think. Get some more life in this part of the boards. [/u]

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks Zombie 67! It helps to also hear it right from the games developer.

It really clears things up for me.