Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lumberjack and others
03-07-2011, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 05:08 AM by JMun233.)
Lumberjack and others

i put the kills on 6 mostly because of zombie heroes, me and my friends always argue because some items/abilities say kill but may kill a zombie beaten in a fight even if no doubles are rolled. since a zombie hero has more then one health box some of us think they should be wounded not killed, it sucks when one of these is used cause you work so hard to get it and lose it so easily. Insane19 anyway let me know what you think.

after coming across, the zombies in the paths he often frequents, Colin heads for the nearby town of woodinvale, only to find he hasn't escaped the horror yet, now he is in unfamiliar territory surrounded by zombies and people he doesn't know.
also adding that colin isn't affected by heavy rain.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2011, 06:11 AM
RE: Lumberjack and others
Interesting characters!

Joe maybe could start in the saw mill, if you're going with the Inferno fan expansion; otherwise, the Road Out of Town is a good choice. I also think the language needs some clean-up on the axe-throw ability. Perhaps something like this:

Axe Throw: May discard the axe to make a ranged attack. Range: 2. Hits on a 3+; kills on a 6+.

(I note 6+ in case the character gains a bonus to their roll; I don't think there are currently any cards like that, but you never know what might be in a future expansion.)

I also might knock Colin's move bonus to +1. A +2 is really powerful. Yes, he can't use building pick-ups, but that doesn't come into effect every game. I might give him something else that's mildly useful, but a +2 move might be a bit too much.

There's a bit of punctuation/grammar cleanup that both cards could also use, if you're going to get nitpicky, but the basic concepts here are really solid. Nice work!
03-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Jumberjack - Nice, only thing I see is that throwing the axe would cause him to loose it, not for it to boomerang back to his hand. So you might want to say "Discard to throw" or, add "Must move to that space to retrieve thrown axe" or something. I am leaning towards the discard option and change it to Hits on 2+, kills on 4+ [or 5+] (to compensate for the loss of the axe.)

Traveler - Pretty cool, especially if you add that heavy rain and other cards that effect movement are not playable on him. Only one issue, You forget to mark his start location. Zombie03
03-07-2011, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 06:18 AM by JMun233.)
yeah i suck at the grammar stuff it doesn't help that my girlfriend wasn't here to correct them lol, and i realized after i posted colin that i had yet to fill in his start location but was too lazy to fix it lol... its past my bed time already :P and i intended for the axe to be discarded once thrown, but i will fix them up and change them tomorrow, thanks for the help guys

03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll assume he will start on the road out of town. Love the cards. I may make the lumberjack have one more wound because they are supposed to be big and strong... on the other hand we had a lot of lumberjacks where I grew up and a ton of them used meth. But that's real life I don't think on in a zombie movie would.
03-08-2011, 03:54 AM
fixed them up, well i think i did let me know if there are any mistakes please :P

03-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Great characters!

Editor nitpicky eye (sorry -- I teach English for a living): a couple random capitalizations on Colin's page, and only some of the different abilities have periods at the end of the sentences. Also, you want "it's" (contraction of it is, as in "It is happening here") for Colin's quote, not "its" (which is the possessive form of it). Those have no affect on their play, however, and they both look like they'd be fun!
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 03:35 PM by JMun233.)
ok i will fix that, thank you very much cause as you can see i suck at grammar lol

03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
At no point should you discard an item and have only a 30% chance to kill.

It should be discard the axe to hit on a 3+. And that's it.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
(03-08-2011 06:17 PM)Orguss Wrote:  At no point should you discard an item and have only a 30% chance to kill.

It should be discard the axe to hit on a 3+. And that's it.

Not sure I follow. Isn't hit on 2+ better odds than 3+? Is it the kill on 5+ you don't like?