Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MYTH
09-06-2013, 10:48 PM
MYTH
Not released yet, but anyone of you backed that as well?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0

[Image: ff5cef44951cef951b3c38305f5126fb_large.jpg?1362583354]

Some pretty new mechanics in a board game system.
Its a game against a game itself - like Descent but without an Overlord.

You play against Darkness - whatever you do - it responds to your actions.

Great miniatures to paint.
(and I got 2 captains level boxes, one for resale :P)

Besides Zombicide season 2 and XIA - this is something I`m waiting for this year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 02:01 AM
RE: MYTH
I sat that one out. I didn't like some of the directions it took, and that wasn't a good month for extra money.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2013, 08:06 AM
can you elaborate on the "wrong directions"?
09-07-2013, 01:27 PM
I backed it. Should start shipping at the start of 2014 from what I remember. I'm also curious to the direction it went that turned some off?

I'm not sure I like the overall mechanics either, but only because I've never really played a "solo" game or a game where someone doesn't actually control the other side. I have a young boy and I thought this might be a good game to try out together when he gets a bit older because we'll be able to team up and work together. In the meantime, until I think he's ready, I'll just work on painting the miniatures and possibly putting together a 3D version of the game tiles.

For the amount of miniatures involved for the price (I purchased add-ons as well), I took the risk. We'll see how it plays out.
09-07-2013, 01:55 PM
it will be shipped earlier.
game looks great and I cant wait to get it
09-07-2013, 10:09 PM
wow.. fully co-op.. i like it!
09-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Other than my personally finding the prices way too high, the game had WAY too many "Kickstarter exclusives" that are actual game content. I'm trying to minimize those. I *very strongly* believe that such exclusives are terrible. All -- 100% -- of content for a game should be available even to those who come to it later (whether sold by BGG, or on the company's website directly). "Exclusives" (be they sourced from a convention, or a Kickstarter project, presales, or whatever) are just a shitty thing for a company to do unless they're just alternate art/sculpt or otherwise not a playable component of the game.
09-08-2013, 04:08 PM
prices high? 150 miniatures for 100usd , and all the cards, tiles, tokens, exclusives?
you have to be kidding.

it was one of the best KS campaigns ever.
KS exclusives are not at all a game content that you MUST have, there are not even any rules for them by now, so you are mistaken here.

Its your believe and I respect that, but I do not agree with it.
09-08-2013, 05:12 PM
(09-08-2013 02:50 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Other than my personally finding the prices way too high, the game had WAY too many "Kickstarter exclusives" that are actual game content. I'm trying to minimize those. I *very strongly* believe that such exclusives are terrible. All -- 100% -- of content for a game should be available even to those who come to it later (whether sold by BGG, or on the company's website directly). "Exclusives" (be they sourced from a convention, or a Kickstarter project, presales, or whatever) are just a shitty thing for a company to do unless they're just alternate art/sculpt or otherwise not a playable component of the game.

I have no stake in, or knowledge of, the game in question in this thread, but in general I agree with this sentiment 110%.

Zombicide was the one that soured me on the whole experience. So guilty of all of the above I'm on the verge of just walking away from all the new releases coming soon. Very irksome. Every time I look at the base set, all I can think of is KS exclusives.Insane21

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
09-08-2013, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:31 PM by mqstout.)
I play games for the games. $75's a pretty high price for a base game. And, yes, they're must-haves. They're GAME content. Thus, I sat it out. To deny all future people who want to play the game the opportunity to get all content available for the game is wrong.

Imagine if there were half a dozen scenarios for LNOE that only a few of us had because we got into the game right when it first came out.