Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MYTH
09-08-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: MYTH
I do not think its wrong. Its a "thank you" for giving money to produce the game.

And if those "scenarios" are not core game scenarios - I do not care. I do not have the full LNOE content and I`m not crying about that.
Myth additional KS exclusives are not core game things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 10:43 PM
We'll just have to disagree, there. I see all components of a game that contribute to "gameplay" necessary components [if the game is any good].
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2013, 07:16 AM
please name some of them
09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
that's a point i agree on. if it is game content, other than alternate art.. at some point it should be available. even if it is via special purchase. the people that got the content from ks .. they got to have it first..e tc.

I've played some video games that were similar. if you pre-ordered you get exclusive weapons.. if you didn't know about the game and only found it after pre-order time was over.. you NEVER got to play with that weapon.. that kinda bites...
09-09-2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0

Here's what I found quickly that are Kickstarter exclusive items:
* Rat/goblin rider mini boss [stretch]
* Trickster Hero [stretch]
* Metal tokens and coins [stretch - this is a fine "exclusive" since it's a non-gameplay-component]
* Conner Mini Boss w/quest [stretch]
* 10 additional story quests [stretch]
* Torchbearer - Follower [stretch]
* Spriggan (mini + deck) [add-on]
* Twilight knight mini-boss ["limited edition"]
* "Promo mini-boss miniature" with the $100 pledge. I don't see if that's KS-exclusive or if it will be sold otherwise; not clear.
09-09-2013, 02:36 PM
you are mistaken in all of those points

these are not ""gameplay" necessary components"

these are just gameplay components. you dont need them to play
09-09-2013, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 11:25 PM by mqstout.)
And again, that's where I disagree. To me [of any 'good' game], all gameplay components are necessary. That I will never have the complete experience possible for the game makes I will never pick it up. And I do not want to contribute to Kickstarter projects that move too much in that direction.

"Only the people who bought Survival of the Fittest at GenCon can play it, ever." Comparing the core components of Myth to the above feels about on-par for how much would be "missing" those those who aren't in the special club.

Allow me to put it into some other numbers:

The base game comes with only one mini-boss. There was one additional one added through stretch goals that wasn't labeled as "Kickstarter exclusive".
TWO mini-bosses are available to the population at large.

There are five "Kickstarter Exclusive" mini-bosses listed above.
FIVE only available to those who did the KS, and then only those who did it at a deeper price point than "get the game".

There are two and a half TIMES more content that is exclusive than will be available to the general public.
09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
it would be nice if 'exclusive content' would be made available, say. 3 or ? months after full game release, at a premium price. that way the kickstarter folks get exclusive use while the game is hot, and got it for their kickstarter contribution... however later comers can still buyt he game in it's entirety. Imagine being a younger than board gamer level kid at the beginning of the KS.. and then 2 years later the kid is an avid board gamer. if the game is good it will still be a stocked item for sale.. .. but those late come-ers have no chance to get the full game.
09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm with you, soundguy. "eventually". At some reasonable (can be high, but not usurious) price.
09-10-2013, 05:29 PM
yep. make it delayed and cost more. that way the kickstarter folks get some good out of it.

heck. could even make the kickstarter items be marked as promo items, and the later released ones be marked as retail items. IE..for colelctor value.. the promo items ar ethe ones you know were kickstarted.. and not later purchases..e tc.