Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Making my own Zombie Game
01-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Making my own Zombie Game
With some of the zombie and other horror type board games that we have all played, i was wondering what types of things players would like to see in a zombie board game.

Ideas and Suggestions

-about theme, rules that you like from other games or would like a game to
have.

- about types of board lay outs

-and anything else one would like to see

thanks for the input

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2011, 03:57 AM
RE: Making my own Zombie Game
(01-07-2011 06:13 AM)Vin Oup Wrote:  With some of the zombie and other horror type board games that we have all played, i was wondering what types of things players would like to see in a zombie board game.

Ideas and Suggestions

-about theme, rules that you like from other games or would like a game to
have.

- about types of board lay outs

-and anything else one would like to see

thanks for the input

I'll be curious to see what you come up with. As for my ideas... sorry, but I have to keep them. I'm currently designing a Zombie board game for a publisher (with a target release date of late 2011).

Is the zombie game market saturated? Is there room for more? I hear there are 2 "Walking Dead" games coming our way this year... Let's just hope the demand for all things Zombie won't dwindle.

Cheers!
03-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I enjoy games with big board pieces, and not the small tiled dungeonesque type ie: Zombiess!!! . I believe this made it more time consuming for my other players to set up and place zombies. Big pieces and possibly double sided for more options.
04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
(03-29-2011 09:30 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  I enjoy games with big board pieces, and not the small tiled dungeonesque type ie: Zombiess!!! . I believe this made it more time consuming for my other players to set up and place zombies. Big pieces and possibly double sided for more options.

I understand and share your preference, but it often comes down to production costs. Cardboard is becoming quite expensive, so the bigger the board, the more money you'll have to pay. And the more expensive the game, the less probability you have of reaching a wide audience.
04-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Just roll out with a foldable map, like horrorclix. This also gives the player that option to add and create their map/board if they would like.
04-09-2011, 01:59 AM
(04-09-2011 01:48 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  Just roll out with a foldable map, like horrorclix. This also gives the player that option to add and create their map/board if they would like.

Yeah, for a minis game, that'd be cool. But not all zombie games are about minis...
04-09-2011, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 07:51 PM by phantomninja.)
well Amiral, we'll see what your game looks like in 2012. keep us posted.
04-09-2011, 11:25 PM
(04-09-2011 07:50 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  well Amiral, we'll see what your game looks like in 2012. keep us posted.

I will, thanks.
02-23-2012, 08:03 PM
You should totally not make characters like the ones in Mall of Horror... this sort of thing kills totally the vibe of playing a zombie game without characters with you can conect...

Also maybe make the zombies in a way that they could auto run... or alike Atoe each player holds one round for them...