Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Making the game for fewer players
04-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Making the game for fewer players
So, I love LnoE and just got Blood in the Forest, but getting 5 people together isn't always that easy and most people don't like playing 2 heroes. Has anyone come up with a way to reduce the players? Like made have fewer zombies in the pool or increase the sun tracker?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: Making the game for fewer players
Unfortunately, I can't say that I have any thoughts to offer. Changing the number of heroes characters would change the balance of the game. I can't imagine anything you could do to re-balance that wouldn't make the game kind of boring for the zombie player(s).

No offense intended, but why don't your gamers like playing as two characters? I mean, it isn't like it is THAT hard to keep track of two. I could get not really digging controlling all four hero characters. I, myself, don't mind having a one on one game and controlling all four, but I could see that seeming too much for some. But, is two really all that much to control? LOL!
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Making the game for fewer players
The only way I could see 1 character each working is if you had 3 players, then 2 players would play 1 hero each and 1 player would be Zombies and then you would play as if there were 2 zombie players (spawn 1d6 zombies and place 1d3 each round & only draw 2 zombie cards)

The only issue here is that the game would be a little boring with less zombies on the board to create tension and the fight or flight decisions which makes the game fun in the first place... The only solution I can think to that would be to play with only two L boards and a center board and place 2 spawn points in random buildings on the map. So that there is less space to run around in.

Just a few ideas.

"I don't always play Last Night on Earth, but when I do, I prefer to play zombies"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user