Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mansions of Madness
04-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Mansions of Madness
Gearing up for my first play of Mansions of Madness with the wife and a friend.

Maaaadnesssss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: Mansions of Madness
Great Game but I wish it didn't need a Keeper.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Some scenarios for MOM are great fun. Some are not. I prefer the earlier ones; the expansions made them too difficult (they are said to "balance" around the people who play broken/expletive strategies that were supposedly found online.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 04:44 PM
I love Mansions of Madness. I own it, actually. One of my gaming buddies was looking to sell it, I was looking to buy it, so I bought it from him. Worked out very well for both of us, because his set was already painted, and me buying it from him means he still gets to play it from time to time. :-)

We actually just played it at our last week's game. Funny Dwarf... I actually agree with you. I kind of wish it was fully cooperative instead with the "Keeper" just being controlled by a game mechanic (something like Zombicide). I've never been the Keeper, and don't really think I'd necessarily want to be. It just seems like they don't necessarily get to do all that much. Especially in some scenarios.

The Investigators seem to have all the fun. So, it might be more fun if the Keeper was just controlled automatically somehow. Though, I know some will disagree. I am sure there are plenty of people who enjoy being the Keeper. To me, I just kind of feel like it seems less fun.
04-08-2014, 02:16 AM
My friend and I were Investigators and my Wife was the Keeper. She seemed to take a perverse joy from inflicting harm to us. She was downright giddy when the Shuggoth came out to play. Love her, but sometimes she scares me a little Zombie03
03-31-2015, 12:11 AM
Looking to add this game to my collection. The gameplay seems cool and i used to play as DM in D&D so me going the Keeper seems a role i would love.

Also played Cathulu minatures game years ago so will be fun to get into something based around that.

Regards Robbie.