Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bases on the miniatures.
05-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Bases on the miniatures.
I am only posting this because I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it before and I'm the sort of person who gets annoyed by little inconsistencies. :-) I am curious about the change in the bases for miniatures that occurred after the release of Growing Hunger. As it stands now (with Blood in the Forest being the last update to add any new minis), we've got:

12 Heroes with rounded edge bases (8 original, 4 from GH)

12 Heroes with sharp edge bases (4 from HP1, 6 from TP, 2 from BITF)

3 Zombie sculpts with rounded edges (the original sculpts, which are reused in TP even though the base type had switched by then)

9 Zombie sculpts with sharp edges (7 Grave weapons + 1 Feral dead + 1 Behemoth)

It almost makes me want to cut all the miniatures off the bases and put them on Clear Miniature Bases from Litko or something. But then I'd be tempted to do that with all my D&D miniatures too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: Bases on the miniatures.
I've never actually noticed but I guess it's because FFP probably used different miniature production companies.

Happy gaming and let us know if you come up with a solutionWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply