Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Map Layout Simulator...
05-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Map Layout Simulator...
Maybe I've gone insane...

I just made this: http://zebby.org/lnoe/mapper/

Eh, there's no maybe about it.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone. I might add graphics later instead of having it all be text.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Map Layout Simulator...
Heh, pretty cool. +1 Rep from me man.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-31-2016, 01:25 PM
This, sir, is badass.
05-31-2016, 04:27 PM
In bright, beautiful ANSI.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Update: I've added some HTML5 Canvas support and a more beautiful type of output.
06-02-2016, 05:07 AM
Ok guys, so I've gone all-out obsessive on this. I stayed up all night last night, and went straight into working on this again today when I got off of work. I've completed a Canvas-based rendering of the board, and I've also added zoom and kinetic scrolling. (I'm only supporting desktop and maybe tablet, not phones on this.)

So then I decided to add a "Go" button...

What does the Go button do? Well... it saves the selected board layout, with a "permanent" link that you can share to another person or group of people, and currently I'm working on the beginnings of a counter/token reservoir, and collaborative editing, so you will eventually be able to use this as a tool to simulate a board, complete with miniatures and counters and play a game of LNoE over the Internet.

I'll make another URL at some point that is view only, so you can have not only players but also spectators with no editing permissions.

So what won't it do? It won't contain the game data like scenarios or the text of the cards, at this point I don't even plan to add a list of the cards or cards at all. You'll have to manage your card decks through the honor system and cameras, I think.

It won't implement any rules. This is just going to be a digital version of what you already do on the table top.

I'm open to suggestions.
06-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Rep +1

Pure awesomeness.
06-06-2016, 03:37 AM
I've got cooperative mode working. If you share the generated URL once you click "Go" with another person, you'll each be able to see the other drag things around in nearly real time.

I've also added Hero pogs (with initial position above the board.)

I just barely started on the interface for the tool strip on the left. Eventually, this will let you hide and show collections of miniatures or cardboard tokens.

For sets of Zombies and heroes it will just hide and show the different groups. I may also make a clean-up option that collects all members of that group back to their starting placement.

For certain types of tokens (sets where there are a bunch and they're all identical, like ammo/armor, faith/pilot, wound or experience markers), it will serve as an organizer for them that you can actually drag them out of onto the board, or drag them back into to put them away. For those types, it will show one example as well as a count of how many are remaining in the box.

For number counters, I may make an option to randomize them for you and lay them out face down.

Currently, double clicking miniatures tips them on their side (and fades them slightly.) Double clicking again stands them back up.

For cardboard counters, once implemented, double clicking will flip them over, revealing the reverse side of the token.