Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Martian Tech = Remains in Play?
02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Martian Tech = Remains in Play?
If the Martians are building a Tech but haven't got all the points for it -or- it's already completely built, can the Hero cancel it with it if you can cancel anything Remaining in Play?

Also, can cabbage be used on yourself? I found myself going almost the entire game searching and fighting the Zarg Beast as Jojo because I could ignore wounds like him and then use cabbage to heal myself. Maybe I was doing this wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2012, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 03:39 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Martian Tech = Remains in Play?
Yes, you can eat the cabbage yourself.

And, yes, Tech can be canceled, but only at a 50% success rate:

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....and_Blasts
Quote:Martian Tech cards represent advanced technology and are generally a little harder to cancel because of it. Most things that cancel cards will also allow you to instead attempt to cancel a Martian Tech card on the D6 roll of 4+. This may be used on Tech cards that are fully built, or on Tech Cards that are still facedown being built. If this roll is passed, the Tech is canceled and discarded from play. Any Command Points currently on it are removed and placed back into the counter pool. If the roll is unsuccessful, the Tech stays in play and the effort was wasted.
Quote:Anything that cancels a Zombie card or cancels a Zombie card that ‘Remains in Play’ can also target a Martian Tech card. The Martian Tech Card will only be canceled on the D6 roll of 4+ though (if the card or ability requires a roll just to work, such as Strength of Spirit, that roll will have to succeed and then you will need to roll again to get the 4+ to cancel the Tech card.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply