Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Martians!
12-02-2014, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 07:19 AM by Orguss.)
Martians!
[Image: pic2330224.jpg]
[Image: pic2330225.jpg]
[Image: pic2330226.jpg]
[Image: pic2330227.jpg]
[Image: pic2330228.jpg]
Martians!

The zard beast art is lame, find me a better one! Also, suggestions?

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Martians!
180 views and not one response? Insane19

12-14-2014, 09:27 AM
I guess pictures of Zard Beast are hard to come by. I didn't find anything better than
what you have.

Some really interesting Abilities on these guys, the Zard is a real tank & the Rage thing
is supper cool.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-14-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 03:52 PM by Orguss.)
Oh the zard beast art is a newer one, I don't know if you saw the old one ;p Did you ever play Invasion?

This was the zard beast art, not beastial at all ;p

Attached File(s) Image(s)

12-14-2014, 07:14 PM
I did see the old & did try to finding another Version but except for actual
pics of the fig. didn't see anything.

I never bought or Played IFoS ( I just didn't like the Circus Stuff) but
the Martians are cool.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-07-2015, 01:07 AM
I never played IFoS either. However, Mantic's Mars Attacks miniatures could easily be used.
04-18-2015, 03:57 AM
These are awesome. How'd you make those glorious backs? Are there source files to use somewhere?
05-02-2015, 05:54 PM
I like your stuff, Orgus! I did an alternate version -- I saw the cloaked Martians more as Elites, and I didn't see the small flying saucers as fitting in the mines, or even in Targa Plateau (which is where I've placed the Martians in my game). So my version is a bit different -- I figure people are free to use whichever style best fits their game! Watchmen02

Orgus, if you prefer, I can make a separate thread, but I thought it would be convenient to get the various versions of the Martians all in one place.

To answer Bokya, I've been using Klutz's template from BGG, if you wish to make your own.

For the following monsters, I've got the following Targa Plateau threat cards (but it's easily modified for mine threat cards, of course):

Easy: (P)(P) Martian Troopers
Medium: 12 Martian Troopers
Hard: 12 Martian Troopers and 1 Martian Commander

Easy: (P) Martian Troopers and 1 Martian Commander
Medium: (P)(P) Martian Troopers and 1 Martian Commander
Hard: 12 Martian Troopers and 1 Martian Commander

Easy: (P) Martian Troopers and 1 Zard Beast
Medium: (P)(P) Martian Troopers and 1 Zard Beast
Hard: 12 Martian Troopers and 1 Zard Beast

Plus, I've got an Epic threat, too:
12 Martian Troopers, 1 Martian Commander, and 1 Zard Beast.

Martian Trooper: The Trun are not the only alien race to utilize the Targa Plateau for their training exercises. The Martian race also sees the value in training in the frozen world. They are an ordered and disciplined military species; though they are far more fragile than the muscular Trun, the Martians make up for their deficiencies with brutal pack tactics and advanced weaponry.
Highly efficient warriors, the Martians are aggressively arrogant and deadly in large numbers.
The Martian Trooper is the baseline unit of the Martian Army. Though individually not much of a threat, their ordered pack tactics allow them to chew through more deadly opponents quickly. Those encountered by a Martian Unit on a training exercise are typically marked for death, or -- worse -- capture for scientific study.

[Image: 203387_800.gif] [Image: 203614_800.gif]

Martian Commander: On their own, a Martian Unit is an efficient and deadly group, but under the leadership of a Martian Commander, the unit becomes a whole new level of threat. A Martian Commander usually holds back from the fight, directing their unit for more lethal accuracy, but when attacked, they are armed with a deadly sword for defense. More heavily armored than his men, the Commander doesn't even bother with an atmosphere helmet, preferring the freedom of a simple breath mask instead.

[Image: 202789_800.gif] [Image: 205037_800.gif]

Zard Beast: The dreaded Zard Beast is a creature captured in the wild by Martian forces and controlled -- though only barely -- through advanced Martian technology. The Zard Beast is a terrifying, brutal beast that seeks only to destroy and consume. When opponents are available, the Zard Beast is relatively easily directed, but when on their own, careless Martians are often trampled or consumed by the Zard Beast's ravenous hunger.

[Image: 203822_800.gif] [Image: 204084_800.gif]
07-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I know thematically they wouldn't be in the mine, I see it more as alien tech that can still beam up and down through rock? Sometimes you break the 4th wall. ;P

07-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Fair enough! Watchmen02