Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Martians & Experience Points
05-28-2014, 05:33 AM
Martians & Experience Points
Since the release of the Experience Points system in Timber Peak, there is little feedback with incorporating the new rules to IFOS.

IFOS is offset with the introduction of Power Tokens for the Carnival Heroes.
But if you are playing a Crossover game with Martians and Timber Peak Heroes/Assets. There needs to be some clarification.

Would Martians gain Experience Points if they do wounds to a Hero or Zombie? This would require more elaboration on how Martians would use them.
-or-
Would they gain an extra Command Point per wound? That might make it a little unbalanced.
Possibly only 1 extra Command Point for the Martians next turn if a wound was dealt.
IDK
Hopefully the next IFOS expansion would clarify this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: Martians & Experience Points
Wasnt experience around before timber? Did they include new rules?
05-28-2014, 11:20 PM
There's the Advanced Abilities for LNOE & IFOS which may have included them first, not sure since I don't have those yet. But as far as I know, TP had it first. There's Power Tokens for IFOS but that's the only similar thing to Exp.
The reason I'm asking is because Martians in Timber Peak may be unbalanced due to Heroes and their Exp system with Hero Upgrades.
05-29-2014, 02:10 AM
yeah they have them, never played with the experience point rules, felt it took away from playing a movie and instead playing dnd
(05-28-2014 11:20 PM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  There's the Advanced Abilities for LNOE & IFOS which may have included them first, not sure since I don't have those yet. But as far as I know, TP had it first. There's Power Tokens for IFOS but that's the only similar thing to Exp.
The reason I'm asking is because Martians in Timber Peak may be unbalanced due to Heroes and their Exp system with Hero Upgrades.