Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Martians:
03-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Martians:
I'm home sick today, so I thought I'd do a project for the board.

I'm working on making a photoshop file that will make it super-easy to create your own aliens for CoPE. I do have one question, though, that I thought people here might be able to assist with:

Any idea what font is used for the titles of the alien cards in this game? And if it's not easily available, any idea what might be a good font that could be close enough to fudge?

(I do plan on also creating a Martian player-race for CoPE, based on the Martians from IFOS, though I do hope FFP eventually does an "official" version as downloadable content. In the meantime, though, might as well have some fun with it!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2011, 02:56 AM
RE: Martians:
I couldn't find the font for the title. What I put up isn't really all that close, either, but I do think it looks alright.

I've just uploaded the Martian race to the downloads section. Once it's approved, please take a look and let me know what you think!

Here's my little "capsule" write-up:

The Martians:

The deadly Martians, from the neighboring planet Mars, have been used by the Overseers several times in the past for their scouting abilities. But the Martians, no longer satisfied with lowly scouting jobs, are now undertaking a dangerous mission: they are seeking to invade the Earth for the Overseers to prove their worth in a full military capacity. They wish to prove their value to the Overseers and rise to a position of prominence among their armies. If they succeed, they foresee great glory for the Martian people; if they fail, they may be brutally punished. But with their scouting abilities, their armies supplemented by the vicious Zard beasts, and their rapid cloning technology, the Martians refuse to allow defeat. The time has come for Martian dominion over all! Tiki tiki tak!
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM
To facilitate conversation and feedback, here's an image of my project.

I know a lot of people on the boards aren't familiar with the game yet, but feedback is definitely appreciated. Thanks!

[Image: s640x640]
03-22-2011, 04:59 PM
So is there template that can be downloaded? Because honestly it looks great. Your martians are pretty weak though ;(

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I added a template to the downloads, too.

You think they're weak? I was worried they might be overpowered. Any suggestions?
03-24-2011, 12:12 AM
I love them

(03-22-2011 03:21 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  To facilitate conversation and feedback, here's an image of my project.

I know a lot of people on the boards aren't familiar with the game yet, but feedback is definitely appreciated. Thanks!

[Image: s640x640]
05-26-2011, 09:53 AM
IMHO Cloning Pods shouldn't allow Allies to restore their destroyed Aliens.
01-07-2022, 11:02 AM
Oh. I am also interested in all the templates there are for this game. I just made a $ 10 donation but I still don't get access to downloads.
01-07-2022, 12:48 PM
(01-07-2022 11:02 AM)Cullereta Wrote:  Oh. I am also interested in all the templates there are for this game. I just made a $ 10 donation but I still don't get access to downloads.

Access requires the Adm.(Sarku) approval once he stops by he'll
take care of pressing the button (or however he does it) & you'll have
full access.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: