Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marvel Heroes Boardgame
06-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Marvel Heroes Boardgame
Hi folks,

Just curious if anybody owns or has played the Marvel Heroes Boardgame ( BGG LINK )

Is it any good??

Does it work well for 2 players??

Any thoughts will be appreciated?

Just noticed it is less than half price on Amazon and I have thought about getting it in the past, so now may be a good time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
RE: Marvel Heroes Boardgame
The game is fun but there are a lot of folks who have stated that it isn't without it's issues either. I think its bad when the designers of the game threw up their hands and gave up when they couldn't offer up ways to fix some of the problems with the game.

The game is not horrible. I dunno, I enjoy it and have yet to try out the tweaks this gentleman created to help give certain things like the story track a bit more reason for being there.

http://www.oroborus.biz/Home01.html

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Damn..he went to a lot effort on a rather 2nd rate game.
Ok I never was into the Super Hero thing so my oponion
doesn't really hold water (or Beer).

I remember it getting a lot of negative feed back &
FFG did drop it quickly.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Actually his Second Edition stuff really brings the game to another level. Again in my opinion the game is not horrible at all. And had Nexus toughed it out and made even a small expansion to clarify and fix some of the issues I think it would have been enough.

I still like the game and again whether you use this guys revision stuff to keep the game true to it original mechanics or use the Second Edition stuff which changes quite a bit of stuff especially the story track that I think he really tried to make the game better.

He is flexing his creativity and board game creator skills so if anything I am/was willing to give it a shot. And it paid off. Also allowed me to get more use out of my HeroClix.

06-30-2009, 04:10 AM
I really rather like the game, but I haven't had a chance to play it in a while.

It's my favorite superhero board game, for whatever that's worth...=P

I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to play it with more than two players, sadly.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I bought this game a while ago for my friend and I to play. Unfortunately we've never been able to figure it out. It really depresses me, because it seems cool and we both LOVE Marvel. We just can't seem to wrap our heads around the rules.
11-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Really? The rules are not that hard at all. Maybe your over thinking it?

11-13-2009, 07:42 PM
We've tried numerous times and just can't get it. I really don't know what's wrong. We both wanted to play, but have basically given up.
11-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I agree about the rules. It's like pulling teeth trying to figure everything out. Probably because there are so many of them. I got the game because I'm a huge marvel fan and I probably played the game 8 or 9 times. It's alittle frustrating in that by a certain point in the game you already know ifyou're gonna win or lose then you just have to ask yourself "why finish?" I havn't searched too much into alternative rules or variants, but I would have to say without them the game just isn't worth it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user