Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marvel Zombies
01-17-2022, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2022 07:31 AM by Raynor.)
Marvel Zombies
Bold! Big! A combination of two colossal IPs. Personally, I don't even like Marvel Zombies(the comic), but I do like Marvel and I do like Zombicide... And CMON's mini sculpting is top tier.

My first response was excitement, but then that was dampened because I realized how closely they were sticking to the IP, which was so hardcore it really turned me off. Then we got to the fact you can play with the super heroes and my interest was rekindled.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmo...=discovery

I had solely played Zombicide at friends houses until recently. I'd moved away from my Zombicide owning friends and the Undead or Alive KS was live and also featured minis oh so compatible with Shadows of Brimstone so I finally jumped on that train just last year. In the interim I bought a copy of their 2nd edition for the modern setting and have really enjoyed it. The coop makes it quite a bit easier to get to the table than LNoE when playing with kids.

So I really figured I was set for Zombicide...

But this is Marvel ... I don't know whether I should be excited or exasperated. Marvel Zombies guys! I guess I'm both?

I don't see myself skipping this one, despite my distaste for the old Marvel Zombies comics. I think the combination of CMON's Zombicide gameplay, their mini crafting expertise, and the Marvel IP, this is really going to be worth it for any fans. Somebody told me that if I wanted Marvel minis that I should just look into Marvel Crisis Protocol, but the cost difference is laughable when compared to CMON. It's like $25 a mini, presumably because they come prepainted. The value here just for the minis alone is going to be worth it, and check out the upgrade in sculpting they're going for with sculpted bases.

How do you feel?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2022, 04:04 PM
RE: Marvel Zombies
Mixed feelings for sure.
Marvel = Getting milked for all its worth
Zombies = Fun
Miniatures = Top notch quality....

I might spring for it? maybe? Aaaargh Zombie17
01-18-2022, 05:02 PM
I love me some Zombicide but this one doesn't appeal to me as one plays as the zombie supers rather than supers fighting zombies. I might get it sometime down the line but it seems like a big layout for zombie versions of Marvel heroes.
01-18-2022, 10:51 PM
Just got the email that the Campaign has started. I'm not into Marvel so I'm passing.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-19-2022, 01:00 PM
Price is wild. Save yourselves friends! Lol!
01-19-2022, 04:45 PM
Sweet Jeebus thats expensive!
And it's already at CA$ 4,421,523 !!??!??
01-19-2022, 07:25 PM
The sculpts in Raynor's pics. are very impressive. I do love the Marvel Universe and I did buy the comics as a kid. However this is not one for me. I would like to paint the figs but I know it would great crazy expensive. Plus, I have enough on. Thanks for sharing though.
02-02-2022, 07:04 AM
They're done with all the add ons. The full set is nothing short of remarkable. Expensive... but remarkable.

Remove Big Daddy G and it's close in price to Zombicide Invader all in, which is pretty reasonable considering the rise in costs recently. I'm particularly enthusiastic about the Sinister 6 and Hydra Base expansions, but they also have the ridiculous option to play as a Sentinel.

Also, Blade is in the Stretch Goals. I forget he's even a Marvel character because his movies were so distant from the marvel name.