Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mass Effect 3
01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Mass Effect 3
(01-03-2013 03:38 PM)jgiff86 Wrote:  How long are the games anyways?

Mass Effect 3 took me about 60 hours to finish on insanity mode. You can then play on multiplayer indefinitely. On multiplayer you're not against other online players you actually work together to hammer waves of bad guys. It's great!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
I played through 2 & 3 on the PS3.

250+ hours and 4 play throughs of 2.

I'm on my second play through of 3 but have 300 hours on multiplayer.

The original ending for 3 sucked. It is explained with huge spoilers here http://jmstevenson.me/2012/03/22/all-tha...-effect-3/

The extended ending helped greatly and the first DLC explained a great deal. I need to play the Omega DLC.
01-03-2013, 07:21 PM
(01-03-2013 07:01 PM)Musketeer Wrote:  I played through 2 & 3 on the PS3.

250+ hours and 4 play throughs of 2.

I'm on my second play through of 3 but have 300 hours on multiplayer.

The original ending for 3 sucked. It is explained with huge spoilers here http://jmstevenson.me/2012/03/22/all-tha...-effect-3/

The extended ending helped greatly and the first DLC explained a great deal. I need to play the Omega DLC.

I never saw the original ending thankfully. I have played Omega it's good but for the price it's hard to justify because it doesn't last very long.
01-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow thats some serious hours to put into a game. Sounds like the almost 300 hrs I put into Fallout lol
01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
It doesn't have to be that long though, well, at least the first two don't. Just the universe is so big that you want to explore every little thing.

If you are reading this you are already too late...
01-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Yeah I'm def gonna have to try the Mass Effect trilogy
01-05-2013, 02:27 AM
(01-05-2013 12:37 AM)jgiff86 Wrote:  Yeah I'm def gonna have to try the Mass Effect trilogy

Go for it. Honestly!
01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
As soon as I pay this speeding ticket I just received on my way to work last night lol.
01-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Anyone who liked 2 and/or 3 should really get the original. Playing through all three with the same character is a great experience, and I'm tempted doing it again soon. It's definitely among the best gaming experiences I've had.

The ending? I've only played through them all once and I didn't have a big problem with the ending. I quite enjoyed it actually. My problem with it is that the ending didn't seem to have much variation, if I were to play it again.

For me the multiplayer bit got old quite fast as it didn't offer much, so I only played that to boost the singleplayer campaign. It was alright but it just felt too limited for me. Maybe they've added stuff to it since I played, but I doubt I'll revisit that part of the game.

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
02-15-2013, 02:34 AM
I've sunk about 120 hours into the three games between 2 play-throughs. Enjoyed every minute. Despite owning Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, ME3 still gets a majority of playtime. I highly recommend it to any who are curious!