Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Massive game idea
12-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Massive game idea
So I was wondering if anyone has made or found a scenario that creates a massive game . I'm thinking thinking all the epansions and all the zombies. I currently have 49 zombie figures and would like to find a huge town over run feel to a game. I would also like to have opposing hero teams fight for resources and turf, this for a bit of a walking dead feel. I thought I would ask before I reinvented the wheel. Thank you all and if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. I'llbe more than happy to share what comes from this endeavor with you all.

Survival is only the beginning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: Massive game idea
I always thought about a scenario that starts with all zombies on the board edges (not center) and the heroes have one goal: kill them all before the zombies kill them all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2013, 05:37 PM
That's supper helpfull I think I may start with that as the beta for seeing how every thing roles out. Die zombie Die on steroids.

12-18-2013, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 11:41 PM by ForestRunner.)
(12-18-2013 04:43 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I always thought about a scenario that starts with all zombies on the board edges (not center) and the heroes have one goal: kill them all before the zombies kill them all.

I've been involved in that once, as a Hero player. Started with 35 Zombies on the board edges... It actually gave a true sense of helplessness, and we didn't have a chance. Played out like a Custer's Last Stand zombie style. Lol.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-19-2013, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 12:29 AM by samuraitrev.)
Maybe every Hero gets to start with a gun.
Guns never jam/run out of ammo
Heroes can fire twice.

Just some thoughts...
12-19-2013, 01:37 AM
(12-18-2013 11:39 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 04:43 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I always thought about a scenario that starts with all zombies on the board edges (not center) and the heroes have one goal: kill them all before the zombies kill them all.

I've been involved in that once, as a Hero player. Started with 35 Zombies on the board edges... It actually gave a true sense of helplessness, and we didn't have a chance. Played out like a Custer's Last Stand zombie style. Lol.

So when you played was it with all the tiles or just the 4 tiles and center piece?

12-19-2013, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 04:59 AM by ForestRunner.)
(12-19-2013 01:37 AM)Cinatus Wrote:  

So when you played was it with all the tiles or just the 4 tiles and center piece?

We used the centre board and all 8 tiles... the same layout to the web based download All Hallows Eve II: The Ritual

35 Zombies - regular 14 from the base game, 7 red from GH, and just black and purple sets bought seperately.

From memory
- No new Heroes
- No new Zombies under the normal turn-by-turn spawing rules. Exceptions of "new" Zombies were Zombie Heroes and those brought in by cards if zombies were available (ie eliminated previously) - examples Surprise Attack, Building Overrun etc etc
- Zombies start on outer tiles only
- All Heroes started in usual locations (hey, all boards were in play)
- Hero Pool (8) at start
- Barricades in play

Was just for a bit of experimental fun, whilst mildly intoxicated of course... but meant to simulate the 4 Heroes were indeed the last survivors (townsfolk excepted) against insurmountable odds. Also recall the Heroes didn't get many breaks... lost guns early, broken/lost hand weapons, Zombies brought in by cards, one Hero isolated early etc etc My own Hero... "Felt Kinda Strange" - the last 2 Heroes conceded when it was 2 vs about 25, totally surrounded, down to last wounds and death was immenent.

Might try it again sometime for a laugh... but start the Heroes on the "inner" tiles. Maybe roll for random building (as if playing the usual 4 tiles) for those who are supposed to start on the outer tiles... but nobody starts in the centre.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-19-2013, 03:50 PM
(12-19-2013 04:37 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 01:37 AM)Cinatus Wrote:  

We used the centre board and all 8 tiles... the same layout to the web based download All Hallows Eve II: The Ritual

35 Zombies - regular 14 from the base game, 7 red from GH, and just black and purple sets bought seperately.

From memory
- No new Heroes
- No new Zombies under the normal turn-by-turn spawing rules. Exceptions of "new" Zombies were Zombie Heroes and those brought in by cards if zombies were available (ie eliminated previously) - examples Surprise Attack, Building Overrun etc etc
- Zombies start on outer tiles only
- All Heroes started in usual locations (hey, all boards were in play)
- Hero Pool (8) at start
- Barricades in play

Was just for a bit of experimental fun, whilst mildly intoxicated of course... but meant to simulate the 4 Heroes were indeed the last survivors (townsfolk excepted) against insurmountable odds. Also recall the Heroes didn't get many breaks... lost guns early, broken/lost hand weapons, Zombies brought in by cards, one Hero isolated early etc etc My own Hero... "Felt Kinda Strange" - the last 2 Heroes conceded when it was 2 vs about 25, totally surrounded, down to last wounds and death was immenent.

Might try it again sometime for a laugh... but start the Heroes on the "inner" tiles. Maybe roll for random building (as if playing the usual 4 tiles) for those who are supposed to start on the outer tiles... but nobody starts in the centre.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm thinking with the TP expansion there could be more hiding and hunting for the hero's I'll share my findings with you all. It will probly be a few weeks before I can get it up and running.

12-19-2013, 08:14 PM
This does sound like a lot of fun. We'll have to try it.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-19-2013, 09:07 PM
(12-18-2013 02:11 PM)Cinatus Wrote:  ....would like to find a huge town over run feel to a game. I would also like to have opposing hero teams fight for resources and turf, this for a bit of a walking dead feel. I.

i think that game is called city of horror.

not so fun... Insane19