Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Massive game idea
02-07-2014, 07:38 AM
RE: Massive game idea
Nice! I would love to know what scenario they ran with that board, it looks like something right up my alley!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 10:41 PM
almost had to be custom I would think.

details would be neat though!
02-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Nothing too special really. No specific scenario to follow. I'm pretty sure that one was Night of the Bloaters. If I am remembering correctly as soon as you had killed 3 bloaters you'd win 10 bloater bucks to spend in their booth. You also rolled a couple d6 for a chance at a little more. This last year they had safe tokens that you could try opening for extra cash while dealing with Behemoths and Feral zombies. It's just a great time playing with the designers and actors even if they didn't give out any type of prizes.
02-13-2014, 04:24 PM
OK guys I need your assistance. In about a month there will be a small "Game Festival" happening in my area. The organizers are accepting submissions for events. Id love to set something up with LNoE/IfO. My initial plan was to Demo LNoE/TP the first day, IfO the second, and then setup a large scenario. Well I found out Im pretty much restricted to one day. So my question to you guys: Do I setup for Demos or do I setup for the Large scenario. Also if I do a demo should I just stick to the basic scenarios (Die Zombie Die and Learn to Survive. Sadly with all the times Ive been to Gencon Ive not once demoed a game in the FFP both otherwise Id have some ideas from that. So Im open to any suggestions, tips, or ideas.
02-13-2014, 04:49 PM
I would think more ppl will take in the game better with a game they are playing. As opposed to a demo a demo they will see how it's runs but not get the full feel of the game. I would perhaps have parties of two heroes so there are more players and have it be a trophy system for a win with the heroes. So I think your instincts for die zombie die and learn to survive are the right game styles for this set up.

Also How many town tiles are in the plans for this to?

Sounds like a fun event wish I could get there. Watchmen02

Survival is only the beginning.
02-13-2014, 05:03 PM
If the large game works out I will be using Base+TP which gives 12 L-boards and 2 center tiles. If I use Invasion as well that gives me 6 more L-boards and another center tile. Itd be cool if I could incorporate Invasion heroes and martians but not sure if its a good idea for this event. The Invasion Heroes might get used just so I have more heroes to go around. As of now, with out Invasion, I only have 11 unique heroes to use.
02-20-2014, 10:50 PM
I put together a LNoE game scenario that I call "Zombie Onslaught". It combines all boards from LNoE and TP for a friend's bachelor party. I've played this scenario twice, but still needs some tweaking. It's intended for 1 v 8.

Some tweaking still needed, as I think Heroes are overpowered. Zombies nearly won the second game by destroying buildings, but after the objective expired for them, they had no chance to kill enough heroes. It was an exciting game all the same, with some harrowing and hilarious moments, including Ed driving rampant in the truck through the center of town, crushing zombies underneath. Zombie17

Sewer is also included at the start with strategic placement to allow movement from one corner of the board to another, a la "Clue" secret passageways.

Pics and detailed rules can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/9610...all-lnoe-g

Cheers! (...and brains!!!)
01-19-2015, 02:52 AM
I am currently working on a massive mission scenario using every map tile (huge map) also using truck , motorcycle, tractor, forklift and sewers to make traveling across the large town. 6 heros / 3 paired teams, each team having a different mission, still a work in progress. I have a nice layout plan, just trying to find right places for map tiles so I don't create what I call pinch points (buildings with corners touching) all 18 L - shaped all 3 center and the four rectangles I own LNoE ,GH, BitF and TP as well as the zombie pack and hero pack + SotF making up scenarios is sometimes more fun than playing
01-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Great stuff & I agree making up scenarios & Campaigns is sometimes better than actual playing.
A lot of the enjoyment I get from Gaming comes from planning things out.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-19-2015, 04:21 PM
interesting. this just gave me an idea for a district Z campaign