Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Membership Policy
03-09-2011, 08:40 PM
RE: Membership Policy
I don't understand the policy to access the Downloads section. In other threads I've seen that everyone can access when reach 11 posts. I have 11 posts (now 12), and when I enter the section, it says that there are no content.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Sorry Alfzombie but the 11 post rule was being abused, with new mebers making 12 posts grabbing what they wanted and leaving. Sarku always envisaged this forum as a community of like minded fans of FFP games (and others) and the leeching with one or two word posts was effecting this community, hence the change in policy.
03-10-2011, 02:51 AM
(03-09-2011 08:40 PM)Alf Zombie Wrote:  I don't understand the policy to access the Downloads section. In other threads I've seen that everyone can access when reach 11 posts. I have 11 posts (now 12), and when I enter the section, it says that there are no content.

Take a look at the Forum on this site called "The Morgue." I believe you have to start a new thread there and ask Mighty Sarku for full privelages. He makes the decision based on your past posts (your +1 rep probably helps). There may also be some sort of ritualistic animal sacrifice necessary on your part, I don't remember the particulars.
03-10-2011, 08:25 AM
(03-10-2011 02:51 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  There may also be some sort of ritualistic animal sacrifice necessary on your part, I don't remember the particulars.

Wasn't this changed to "human sacrifice" due to fact that this board doesn't support or encourage cruelty towards animals?

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Actually just a major body part will usually work.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-10-2011, 04:07 PM
And here I was kidnapping people, errr... "taking up a collection" of "willing participants" for the new peoples' sacrifice offerings, to make it easier for them... If it's just an arm or leg, then what's the point?
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I would not care if anyone could get the downloads. If they don't want to stay let them have it and let them go instead of making them fake it until they can get them... When it comes down to it I don't really care and it's your board so I'm not sure why I'm adding my opinion anyway.
03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I understand. The only problem is I have a certain amount of bandwidth that I'm paying for each month. When that limit is nearly hit and I'm not getting any kind of participation from those individuals, it's not a good thing.

But you don't really care, so I'm not sure why I'm explaining it to you anyway.

I kid!!! I kid!!! Watchmen02 Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
(03-09-2011 10:21 PM)zombie67 Wrote:  Sorry Alfzombie but the 11 post rule was being abused, with new mebers making 12 posts grabbing what they wanted and leaving. Sarku always envisaged this forum as a community of like minded fans of FFP games (and others) and the leeching with one or two word posts was effecting this community, hence the change in policy.
Thanks for the explanation, I'll wait to make more posts and grow my reputation to achieve the privilege of the downloads. Watchmen02
03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
(03-10-2011 06:01 PM)Sarku Wrote:  I understand. The only problem is I have a certain amount of bandwidth that I'm paying for each month. When that limit is nearly hit and I'm not getting any kind of participation from those individuals, it's not a good thing.

But you don't really care, so I'm not sure why I'm explaining it to you anyway.

I kid!!! I kid!!! Watchmen02 Zombie03

I understand now.