Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Messed up hero figs
02-13-2010, 01:54 AM
RE: Messed up hero figs
supervike Wrote:If you are in the states, try using a product called SIMPLE GREEN. That strips plastics, and does so gently enough as to not eat the stuff.

Simple green really?
I have that at work.I should put some in a bottle for emergency sake.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2010, 03:06 AM
I used plain old Zip Strip when I stripped my poly-dipped zombie figures. It took the paint and polyurethane right off of them without affecting the plastic at all. Those figures are tough. Flying Frog really know how to give us a quality product. Zombie03
02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all the help guyz, I'll give it a try.
02-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Simple Green works brilliantly. I've used it a number of times. 24 hours soaking in Simple Green will strip just about any miniature, and do no damage to the figure itself.
02-24-2010, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2010 06:54 PM by ResidentAsylum.)
supervike Wrote:If you are in the states, try using a product called SIMPLE GREEN. That strips plastics, and does so gently enough as to not eat the stuff.

I second SG... I use it to strip old Epic stuff and it works great. Soak the minis in a solution of 20% SG and water for 12 hours or so. Being that the figs are rather bendy to begin with, that should be long enough. Take 'em out and scrub them with a used(obviously clean) toothbrush under warm tap-water, and you should be good to go.

Yeaaah... I'm a tadpole!!!