Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Militia in same location as Minion.
03-08-2012, 04:18 AM
Militia in same location as Minion.
Can a Militia Token be in the same location as a Minion? If not, does the Militia fight the Minion on its own?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: Militia in same location as Minion.
I dont own the game but I've played a good bit. I dont believe there
would be an issue with Militia being in the same square as the minion,
but it doesn't fight on its own. When a Hero fight's the Minion, before
taking damage to the Hero it would go to the Militia instead.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
03-08-2012, 09:38 AM
(03-08-2012 08:27 AM)Pred Wrote:  I dont own the game but I've played a good bit. I dont believe there
would be an issue with Militia being in the same square as the minion,
but it doesn't fight on its own. When a Hero fight's the Minion, before
taking damage to the Hero it would go to the Militia instead.

I support this message.

There is a character in Something Wicked that is an army Captain, and one of his abilities allows him to have militia attack minions that aren't in his space. Everyone else only gets the bonus once they enter the space with both the minion and militia in it.
03-08-2012, 02:24 PM
All correct, except I believe the hero could take the wound before the militia if they choose and really want to keep that +1 Combat there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
(03-08-2012 02:24 PM)mqstout Wrote:  All correct, except I believe the hero could take the wound before the militia if they choose and really want to keep that +1 Combat there.

Agreed...

The hero can choose where to assign the wound.
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a question concerning this along the lines of Militia in the same space as a Showdown, does the militia contribute as well or only those elements that are indicated in the showdown, card effects, elders, ect...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2012, 08:06 PM
I always play that militia do not count as part of the hunting party. Just the player(s) and the elders, however, a friend of mine does include them as if the situation was real.

His argument:

Quote:If a militia man saw the local school marm, a vagrant wanderer, and two town officials taking on a werewolf, he would probably jump into the fray being the most trained in the matters of battle.
09-01-2012, 04:13 AM
If playing the co-op version, the rules for militia are that they may be part of the hunting party if they are in the same space as the showdown, and the militia must be assigned to a specific hero (that doesn;t already have a town elder assigned to them). I don't see anything about the militias in the competative rules. Nice house rule.
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
There is a new Elder (Mayor Carver I think) from the Coast that allows you to add a Militia token at the start of a Showdown round if there is not one already there. That tells me that the Militia can be used during a Showdown regardless of Competetive or Co-op play.