Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak - is it worth it?
08-24-2016, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2016 08:39 PM by Capey.)
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it?
I emailed FFP over a week ago asking them if they knew of any UK distributors since they mentioned copies would be sent out to local gaming stores in the U.S. Didn't receive a reply so sent them a Facebook message but no reply to that either. Went to New York a few months ago and had also messaged them beforehand if they knew of any suppliers they deal with based there and never got a reply from that either. Are they usually this unresponsive?

Have just tracked down a games shop in the UK that has a copy of BitF left though so have just ordered that. Once I get that, I'll buy Timer Peak, still plenty of copies of that around. Hopefully hero pack one reprints will make it over here eventually too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2016, 05:37 PM
I got Timber Peak for Christmas last year, and we JUST finally got it to the table on the weekend, and it was awesome! The new rules for Hero and Zombie Upgrades, as well as the Fire are a fantastic addition to the game!

And the Diner Waitress and the Lumber Yard have really got me itching to work on a Twin Peaks mod!

If anyone is on the fence about this expansion (we played it as a stand alone) or if you want to get someone interested in LNoE, or if you like the game, but your players are not gung-ho about it, then Timber Peak may be just what you need.

Buy it! Love it! Eat the brains!
11-18-2016, 06:46 PM
(11-16-2016 05:37 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  I got Timber Peak for Christmas last year, and we JUST finally got it to the table on the weekend, and it was awesome! The new rules for Hero and Zombie Upgrades, as well as the Fire are a fantastic addition to the game!

And the Diner Waitress and the Lumber Yard have really got me itching to work on a Twin Peaks mod!

If anyone is on the fence about this expansion (we played it as a stand alone) or if you want to get someone interested in LNoE, or if you like the game, but your players are not gung-ho about it, then Timber Peak may be just what you need.

Buy it! Love it! Eat the brains!

I agree 100% it's well worth it. Either as a stand alone or you want to add Blood in the Forest to it or just go all out and add EVERYTHING (LNoE and all add ons) and have massive decks and huge choices of Board Sections, Characters and Scenarios.
01-24-2017, 09:59 AM
So - just an old amphibian barking a bit but... Actually I prefer LNoE without Timber Peak/Blood In The Forest.

There is a genuine power creep in those two that doesnt mix well with the rest of the game (especially if you mix the cards together) AND makes the game more combat oriented.

That said - of course I own both :P

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
01-24-2017, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 05:04 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-24-2017 09:59 AM)SovTech Wrote:  So - just an old amphibian barking a bit but... Actually I prefer LNoE without Timber Peak/Blood In The Forest.

There is a genuine power creep in those two that doesnt mix well with the rest of the game (especially if you mix the cards together) AND makes the game more combat oriented.

I agree. There was a power creep as Blood in the Forest and Timber Peak were added. However, I'm pretty sure this was intentional on FFP's part. Our group found the game seemed to favour the Zombies in most games.

Now the games seem to be pretty much 50/50. However this is just our group and we've always:
Chosen each Scenario randomly
Chosen each board section randomly
Chosen Characters randomly
Don't use house rules
Don't remove any cards
Has to be played with a beer

I think the original LNoE and Growning Hunger game was much more of a challenge for experienced LNoE players but tough when you just get started (for the Heroes).

I personally like to mix everything together only because I like variety and I feel the game's more balanced.
06-21-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 10:39 PM by fallensaviour.)
(01-24-2017 05:03 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-24-2017 09:59 AM)SovTech Wrote:  So - just an old amphibian barking a bit but... Actually I prefer LNoE without Timber Peak/Blood In The Forest.

I agree. There was a power creep as Blood in the Forest and Timber Peak were added. However, I'm pretty sure this was intentional on FFP's part. Our group found the game seemed to favour the Zombies in most games.

Now the games seem to be pretty much 50/50. However this is just our group and we've always:
Chosen each Scenario randomly
Chosen each board section randomly
Chosen Characters randomly
Don't use house rules
Don't remove any cards
Has to be played with a beer

I think the original LNoE and Growning Hunger game was much more of a challenge for experienced LNoE players but tough when you just get started (for the Heroes).

I personally like to mix everything together only because I like variety and I feel the game's more balanced.

That's the same way we play here minus the beer because my kids are to young....lol
But still random scenario,random board sections,characters either random or selected.Just finished painting timber peaks and blood in the forest.

[Image: 55OY5Wt.jpg]

[Image: KONiECd.jpg]
06-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Great job on the painted miniatures. They must have taken you a while. I think Alice is best for detail but the Sheriff is the best overall.

+1 Rep (you've been busy!)
06-27-2017, 04:25 AM
Thank you sir,yes they took awhile ...lol
Kids love it,just adds so much more flavour to the game.
This expansion was worth it just for the extra characters alone in my opinion.
08-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Recently returned to playing TP and I'd forgotten just how much fun it is!
08-04-2017, 05:41 PM
It is really a matter of opinion. For one, if you are the type who likes to collect everything, then you'll probably want it anyway.

If not, then I'd say you could go either way. If you have the original, you don't NEED Timber Peak. Personally, I still prefer the original over Timber Peak. So, if you have neither and are getting one or the other and not both, I'd personally recommend the original. ....BUT, at the same time, I love both.

I do think Timber Peak offers plenty of fun new stuff not in the original. The fires and ability to earn upgrades (both for Heroes and Zombies) alone are worth it to me. It has just enough to make it play much like the original.... but with enough of a twist to be interesting.

So, my personal recommendation would be it IS worth it. But, again, I don't necessarily think I consider it mandatory, per se.