Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minion appears during the mystery phase... do you fight?
07-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Minion appears during the mystery phase... do you fight?
I haven't yet had a chance to read back through the rulebook, so my apologies if this one is actually answered there. However, during the mystery phase, sometimes you have to roll on the villains minion chart, and place that minion's token on a random space. If the random space drawn happens to be a space where there is currently a hero, do they instantly have to fight the minion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: Minion appears during the mystery phase... do you fight?
(07-01-2013 01:59 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  I haven't yet had a chance to read back through the rulebook, so my apologies if this one is actually answered there. However, during the mystery phase, sometimes you have to roll on the villains minion chart, and place that minion's token on a random space. If the random space drawn happens to be a space where there is currently a hero, do they instantly have to fight the minion?

Yep. Watchmen02 Pg 17:

Quote:Any time a Minion appears or moves into a space with a Hero, that Hero must immediately fight the Minion.

If there is more than one Hero in the space, the Minion will fight the Hero with the highest Honor Skill first (if there are more than one with equal Honor, the First Player chooses who must fight). If a Hero Escapes from a Fight with a Minion Counter (moving away to an adjacent space) and there is another Hero left in the space with the Minion, the other Hero will now have to fight that Minion.

The end result is that a Hero and a Minion Counter cannot be in the same space on the board without having to immediately fight.
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Groovy. Thank you. And apologies, as I obviously would have seen that once I had a chance to re-read through the rules. Problem is, I just have not had a chance to do that yet.
07-03-2013, 01:05 AM
No big deal on all of your rules questions. I still have to go back & refresh my memory from time to time. Especially in long dry spells between games, like now.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-04-2013, 07:25 PM
(07-03-2013 01:05 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  No big deal on all of your rules questions. I still have to go back & refresh my memory from time to time. Especially in long dry spells between games, like now.

I definitely hear ya there. Then there are sometimes where there is something specific in the game that doesn't necessarily come up all that often, so you forget how to do it. For example, it is funny how rare anybody seems to bother to use gasoline to actually trigger an explosion in Last Night On Earth. So, when they finally do, I find myself having to refresh my memory on how exactly you do that.
07-04-2013, 11:03 PM
(07-04-2013 07:25 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 01:05 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  No big deal on all of your rules questions. I still have to go back & refresh my memory from time to time. Especially in long dry spells between games, like now.

I definitely hear ya there. Then there are sometimes where there is something specific in the game that doesn't necessarily come up all that often, so you forget how to do it. For example, it is funny how rare anybody seems to bother to use gasoline to actually trigger an explosion in Last Night On Earth. So, when they finally do, I find myself having to refresh my memory on how exactly you do that.

First time I ever tried to blow zeds up w/ gasoline I threw a lighter into it, shot it with a flare gun, & a shotgun (IIRC) & still had to run as it failed to light. Never knew gas was so Inflammable...Freak02 Watchmen02

07-09-2013, 03:15 AM
(07-04-2013 11:03 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 07:25 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

First time I ever tried to blow zeds up w/ gasoline I threw a lighter into it, shot it with a flare gun, & a shotgun (IIRC) & still had to run as it failed to light. Never knew gas was so Inflammable...Freak02 Watchmen02

LOL! Musta been a bad batch. Good thing your heroes didn't put it in the truck and hope to get the heck out of dodge. ;-)