Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mixing the Games LNOE and IFOS
06-15-2011, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011 10:26 PM by supervike.)
Mixing the Games LNOE and IFOS
So, as one of the selling points of IFOS seemed to be how the compatible game engines sets up a great amount of interconnectivity to LNOE.

I've not gotten IOS yet, but would like to know more about this.

Has anyone played it as a combined game?

How about just using the components (game board) to give LNOE some variety?

Faction vs. Faction?

any info would be appreciated.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
RE: Mixing the Games LNOE and IOS
The IFOS rulebook includes rules for all you asked about. My group has not yet played it. I hope to within the next couple of weeks.
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
RE: Mixing the Games LNOE and IFOS
I see the rulebook is a free .pdf download now.

Please let me know how your gaming session goes!

Zalgo....he comes.
07-03-2011, 06:55 AM
I want to hear about this too! I was thinking of ordering IFOS this week, but I want to hear from some people if they think its a good combo or not
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
I bought IFOS yesterday. I'll try to mix both games soon, sounds funny!
01-30-2012, 02:52 PM
(07-03-2011 06:55 AM)tatianakyrrn Wrote:  I want to hear about this too! I was thinking of ordering IFOS this week, but I want to hear from some people if they think its a good combo or not

IfOS by itself is a great buy. I've played the game several times since I bought it

I own both LNoE and IfOS and have yet to combine the two.
02-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Combining is great fun, and incredibly easy. Only downside is that it means usually needing 6 people instead of the nice and easy 4-5.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
02-13-2012, 03:00 AM
A bit late to the party, but hey why not...

I've tried it two times, and what i got from it was pure chaos.

This is a good thing!

The first time all teams were close, but the heroes won. We realized the Zard beast isn't such a monster vs zombies, as it needs doubles on its 3 dice just to kill one zombie - as the resident zombie player this pleased me, heh.

The second time was a gongshow. I was the hero player for once, and the zombies and aliens decided to team up on me because I always win (usually as zombies mind you). So, zed player manages some good movement cards and get something like 11 zombies in a space with my 4 heroes, and i only killed 2 or so zombies. Martian player's turn rolls around and with an evil smile she saucer blasts that space just vaporizing all the zombies.
The game ended in the martian's favour soon after needless to say!

good times, do it when you get a chance.
09-30-2012, 04:30 AM
I was so curious about this, thanks for posting. If anyone else has experience please share too.
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm going to get my base LNOE set two days from now, while I can't play that Earth Overrrun Scenario anytime soon - I'm only able to play with my nephew at home; we lack one more player (and it looks like the scenario needs experienced players) - I'm already thinking of a Martians vs Zombies scenario using the rules outlined in the IFOS rulebook. I'll post how it turns out, in case there are people still interested Watchmen02