Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Monster Songs
07-12-2011, 02:43 AM
Monster Songs
I was sitting around this morning and thought it might be a fun idea to make a monster-themed soundtrack to play while driving or working. To separate this from all of the various mood-music albums (including the LNoE cd), I've decided this soundtrack should contain monster-specific songs with lyrics. I've come up with some ideas already, but I'd love some additional input. If anyone knows any monster songs, I'd love to hear about them. I'd prefer that they not include much in the way of explicit lyrics, so I can play this in the background without traumatizing my daughter too much.

So far I've come up with:

"Re: Your Brains" - Jonathan Coulton
"Cruel, Cruel Moon" - Paul and Storm
"Zombie Jamboree" - the Kingston Trio
"Invisible Man" - Mark Aaron James
"Monster Mash" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett
"Lame Monster Party" - Paul and Storm
"The Blob" - Little Stevie and the McQueens
"The Little Blue Man" - Betty Johnson
"The Thing" - by Phil Harris
"The Purple People Eater" - Sheb Wooley
"Creepy Doll" - Jonathan Coulton
"The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati" - Rose and the Arrangements
"Bit Part Demon" - Evil Dead, the Musical
"All The Men In My Life Keep Getting Killed By Candarian Demons" - Evil Dead, the Musical
"Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon

plus the excellent albums by the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society:
"A Shoggoth on the Roof", and their two Scary Solstice Carol albums

What others have I missed?

"Do you like psychology? I don't. I used to think the human brain was the most fascinating part of the body. Then I realized... look what's telling me this."
--- Emo Phillips
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 03:41 PM
RE: Monster Songs
Not sure if this qualifies, but there was a 'Bigfoot' song that was a hit in the mid-seventies.

Bigfoot by Bro Smith

Probably the reason I'm still smitten with he of big feet.

Someone made a you tube video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEs1Em3pac

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm not realy sure how 'heavy' you would like to go but check out the last two albums released by the "Misfits".
They are called "American Psycho" and "Famous Monsters", most songs on there have a sci-fi/monster theme.
King Kong, Martians, Serial killers, ...

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult
08-03-2011, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2011 08:04 PM by munkymuddface.)
The Iced Earth album Horror Show is a themed album where every song is about a classic movie monster.
1. Wolf (Wolfman)
2. Damian (The Omen - fantastic song)
3. Jack (the Ripper)
4. Ghost of Freedom
5. Im-Ho-Tep (the Mummy)
6. Jekyll & Hyde
7. Dragon's Child (Creature from the Black Lagoon)
8. Transylvania (instrumental)
9. Frankenstein
10. Dracula (another excellent song)
11. The Phantom of the Opera
08-05-2011, 01:09 AM
There is a band called Creature Feature that has lots of cool B-Movie themed songs. Zombies, aliens, monsters, cannibals, all with a Saturday morning cartoon sorta feel (like the old Beetlejuice cartoon theme). It is pretty fun to play LNOE with these guys on.

Creature Feature Website!
08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
(08-05-2011 01:09 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  There is a band called Creature Feature that has lots of cool B-Movie themed songs. Zombies, aliens, monsters, cannibals, all with a Saturday morning cartoon sorta feel (like the old Beetlejuice cartoon theme). It is pretty fun to play LNOE with these guys on.

Creature Feature Website!

Nice artwork on the website. I like Watchmen02
Not realy sure about the tunes though...maybe it will have to grow on me. I'll give it a shot. Thanks VL Watchmen02

First impression that came to mind was "what the hell is this? Robert Smith his son or something?" hehehe

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-06-2011, 01:16 AM
(08-05-2011 04:41 PM)Emp Wrote:  [Nice artwork on the website. I like Watchmen02
Not realy sure about the tunes though...maybe it will have to grow on me. I'll give it a shot. Thanks VL Watchmen02

First impression that came to mind was "what the hell is this? Robert Smith his son or something?" hehehe

I know exactly what you mean. Some songs are better than others, but they do all grow on you for the most part. Not my favorite band, but I really like the idea behind it, and all of the artwork.
08-06-2011, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 02:43 AM by Esturk.)
nekromantix - gargoyles over Copenhagen
nekromantix - spiders attacking manhatten
nekromantix - luni lab
nekromantix - bloody holiday
and like a billion other nekromantix songs, for the most part they're clean too... might be a swear or two I forgot though.

professor elemental - elixir
Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde themed song from everyone's favorite steampunk hip-hop artist. it's clean.

EDIT: completely forgot, Roland by Warren Zevon. headless bodies seeking revenge? yes, please.

Should you wish to get to know me better I suggest you read my bio as it is absolutely true.